Lost video on my SD channels, OTA & HD work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tangential

Original poster
Dec 8, 2004
Atlanta Area
Last night I lost the video on all of my satellite SD channels. I still get the audio on them and all of the HD Channels and all of the OTA channels come in fine.

I tried cycling the power, resetting, etc. to no avail.

Then I got on the phone with Voom support and did everything they asked (disconnect power, coax, etc...) but it didn't help. I have a service call scheduled with them, but if anyone knows off hand how to fix this it would be great to not have to wait for their visit.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum, tangential!
Are you getting video on satellite HD channels? What resolution is your STB set to? Can you see the Program Guide when you are on one of those channels?

More on lost SD channels

All HD (Sat. and OTA) work fine. OTA SD works fine, All Audio is fine. All menus are fine.

Only Sat SD has no video.

It was gone after I cycled power to STB. I use Component output to an inFocus 4800. DVDs to the 4800 (component ) work fine as well.

Sounds like a hardware problem to me. Call for replacement.

Guess I'll wait for the service man

I have one scheduled. Just didn't want to do without while waiting for the service call.

Oh well :no

tangential

I may be having a similar problem with my new Panasonic AE700 front projector. Over DVI/HDMI cable, its not recognizing a 480i signal. I prefer to leave the Voom receiver on native pass through, but with the projector, I have to set it to one of the fixed resolutions such as 1080i, 720p or 480p (BUT NOT 480I)

Open the door on the far right of the face plate of the receiver to expose the little red button. Momentarily depress this button until you get to where only the second light bar illuminates. This would be 720p. This presumes that you have a native 720p projector and want to send it a 720p signal. Now see if you've got a picture out of your projector on the SD satellite channels. Worked for me.

If this were a resolution issue, menus wouldn't work either. Since menus are fine, the problem must be within the STB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)