Lots of News from Team Summit

SaltiDawg said:
I thought on the Charlie Chat it was shown that you can upgrade your 942 to a 622 for $200 less ten months credit at $10/month less $100 when they get the 942 back.

You get the upgrade for $0.

Yes. Different deal, but the same net cost. Zero.

It's more 811 and 6000 model receiver owners that are getting the short end of the stick in this regard. They're still being asked to pay $100 out of pocket, where new subs are receiving 211s/622s free, after rebate. $100 is still much better than $300, but to pay up front to lease, and then have new customers subscribe at a significantly lower cost than that is certainly somewhat frustrating.

On a side note, has anyone substantiated the ETA on the 612? I've heard from different sources dates ranging from fall to next spring. I'm not certain if either based on any factual information. I haven't seen anything substantial in either direction, much less any details on the receiver itself.

SaltiDawg said:
I thought on the Charlie Chat it was shown that you can upgrade your 942 to a 622 for $200 less ten months credit at $10/month less $100 when they get the 942 back.

You get the upgrade for $0.
Yes, I know that.

What I was asking, is whether people that are already subscribers will get the same deal as new customers. The deal, is that you get $20 off your monthly bill for 10 months when subscribed to one of the DishHD packs.

TheTony said:
Yes. Different deal, but the same net cost. Zero.

It's more 811 and 6000 model receiver owners that are getting the short end of the stick in this regard. They're still being asked to pay $100 out of pocket, where new subs are receiving 211s/622s free, after rebate. $100 is still much better than $300, but to pay up front to lease, and then have new customers subscribe at a significantly lower cost than that is certainly somewhat frustrating.

On a side note, has anyone substantiated the ETA on the 612? I've heard from different sources dates ranging from fall to next spring. I'm not certain if either based on any factual information. I haven't seen anything substantial in either direction, much less any details on the receiver itself.
Ah, I see. They get $20 off for 10 months, making the 622 free, while current subscribers who upgrade from a 942 get $10 for 10 months, plus a $100 "rebate", also resulting in the free upgrade to 622.

Thanks

Last edited:
TheTony said:
A simpler and chaper receiver, for those who don't need 2 outputs.

That said, is it true that the 612 isn't even going to arrive this year? That may be a dealbreaker for me. I don't intend to wait that long...

Did Dish give a MSRP? Or did they confirm it will be cheaper on release than the 622?

Kaydigi said:
Did Dish give a MSRP? Or did they confirm it will be cheaper on release than the 622?

They did not provide an MSRP but did indicate that not having to include a secondary output would bring the price down on the 612. How much, I'm not certain. If I have to wait until January or later, which I have heard, the price difference is going to matter a bit less.

If we could get some idea of the difference in price and a more factual/precise release window for the 612, that would be great :)

Only thing I could really see it being useful for is if you did not want to have a phone line on it to avoid the $6/month charge.

The new offer only makes sense if you have a leased 942. If you own one, why would you send it to Dish for just a $100 credit? Sell it privately then sign up for the new deal, you'll still get the $100 in programming credits.

Tom Bombadil said:
The new offer only makes sense if you have a leased 942. If you own one, why would you send it to Dish for just a $100 credit? Sell it privately then sign up for the new deal, you'll still get the $100 in programming credits.
THats what I am planning on doing I think. Sign up for the new deal(just the $10 off for 10 months) then instead of giving Dish my owned 942 for $100, sale it on ebay for $250-300. The best thing about this is that I only payed $125 shipped for my 942, so I am going to be making a good amount of money off it :)

mike123abc said:
Only thing I could really see it being useful for is if you did not want to have a phone line on it to avoid the $6/month charge.

Doesn't Dish charge a phone line fee for all receivers released since the 510?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Now some BIG NEWS, this fall Dish Network will carry 11 RSN's in HD and will add the other 10 RSN's in HD by spring! These will be on 61.5 or 129. They did not announce which RSN's would be up first.
This can't come fast enough for me. In addition to E*, I have a Comcast HD DVR and subscribe to the lowest price programming available to get the inHD2 channel. Channel is shared with NESN HD in my area. Just found out NESN HD has been moved to a new channel and I don't get it with my current programming:( Pisses me off :mad: Rep asks if I would like to upgrade my programming. For 1 channel? Hell no. No Red Sox in HD this summer for me:(

im gett'n tired of being lied to....... dish was tell'n my company that cleve locals were gonna be comming in late april then early may then late may then early june.... Ive been tell my cust this and i rolled back on a TC and the cust was MAD that they switched from direct to dish cause "dish was getting locals by the end on the month" now almost two months later it looks like we wont get them anytime this year this cust paid over $175 to cancel their contract with direct.

cleve_dnsc_tech said:
im gett'n tired of being lied to....... dish was tell'n my company that cleve locals were gonna be comming in late april then early may then late may then early june.... Ive been tell my cust this and i rolled back on a TC and the cust was MAD that they switched from direct to dish cause "dish was getting locals by the end on the month" now almost two months later it looks like we wont get them anytime this year this cust paid over $175 to cancel their contract with direct.

I hear ya. Burlington,Vt was also on the initial list of 50 and now it looks like that was BS - especially when Scott is saying he doesn't think there will be anymore HD LiLs this year.

Ok, so dish is lying to you, but the customer issue is that you're passing on the lie. Unless you have some concrete paperwork, maybe hold back on the word-of-mouth-as-gospel from Dish, we all know until it happens, it's not official when it comes to E*...

...Does D* have cleveland locals up?? Am I missing Alison Alexander in HD by being with E*??

Cleveland HD locals

Does anybody know for certain if (and when) the Cleveland HD locals will be on 110 or on the new 119x?

No. They haven't been planned and if they still go up in 2006 it would be after the summer at the earliest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts