Low Audio Level

Satellite Rick

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Issue:
I have to provide the audio out of a DirecTV HD receiver to multiple AV receivers. The receiver is not located with the audio equipment, so I have chosen to run the audio back with coax. Problem is the audio level is so low, (no doubt to do all the resistance) that the customer has to increase the volume to the max.
Question:
Is there a relative inexpensive preamp that can resolve the issue?

Issue:
I have to provide the audio out of a DirecTV HD receiver to multiple AV receivers. The receiver is not located with the audio equipment, so I have chosen to run the audio back with coax. Problem is the audio level is so low, (no doubt to do all the resistance) that the customer has to increase the volume to the max.
Question:
Is there a relative inexpensive preamp that can resolve the issue?

It probably isn't the length, but rather the splitters that are causing problems. You will lose well over 50% of the signal strength at each split.

I like to avoid pre-amps here because they amplify noise as well as signal. Why not run digital audio back instead of analog? You can get TOSLINK splitters like these: For only $3.68 each when QTY 50+ purchased - DIGITAL OPTICAL TOSLINK SPLITTER ADAPTER | Toslink Adapter

If you are stuck with the coax, you can still connect digital audio, and use conventional Y splitters. You may need to amplify this though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)