Low OTA signal strength

scottlaird

Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
All of a sudden I can't get the OTA digital channels I used to receive. Signal strength is to low. One channel is in the upper 50 range and it used to be 95-100. I have same antenna pointed in the same direction. Just wondering if a 211k software upgrade is responsible?

All of a sudden I can't get the OTA digital channels I used to receive. Signal strength is to low. One channel is in the upper 50 range and it used to be 95-100. I have same antenna pointed in the same direction. Just wondering if a 211k software upgrade is responsible?

Where do you live? I'm in VA and the atmospheric ducting is out of control this morning... DX stuff coming in from all over on the scanner & TV, probably just that causing your issues...

Where do you live? I'm in VA and the atmospheric ducting is out of control this morning... DX stuff coming in from all over on the scanner & TV, probably just that causing your issues...

I live in Il. Been going on now for a couple of weeks. I don't think these stations have lowered there transmitting power, but I have not checked.

Check any other digital tuners you have and see what they say.

I would suspicion a cabling or antenna problem first if the signal is reduced.

If it were to go away entirely, then I might suspect the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts