Low signal on only one receiver

EddieViscosity

Original poster
Jul 12, 2013
Virginia
I have a 722 and 622 and the 722 has started getting lots of dropouts so much so that many channels are unwatchable with Syfy and USA among the worst. The 622 has no problems. To eliminate wiring as a the problem, I moved the 722 to the 622 location and hooked up the feeds from the 622. The 722 still had problems with drop outs. I tuned to channel 122 and went to the point dish screen and the 722 showed a level of 23, while the 622 was around 50. I checked the dish and it is solidly mounted so I don't think it moved since the last time it was aligned by a tech. Any ideas before I contact Dish. I'm afraid they will just want to send out a tech to align the dish and I don't want to get charged for a visit when it seems unlikely that's the whole problem.

Clearly, the problem is with the ViP722.

I'm betting that if you go through the hoops, they'll ship you a replacement without a service call.

A couple of important issues that you need to be sure of:

1. Did you swap the separators and confirm that port 1 went to input 1?

2. Was the ViP622 connected when the relocation test was being conducted?

Clearly, the problem is with the ViP722. I'm betting that if you go through the hoops, they'll ship you a replacement without a service call. A couple of important issues that you need to be sure of: 1. Did you swap the separators and confirm that port 1 went to input 1? 2. Was the ViP622 connected when the relocation test was being conducted?
Yes, I was trying to eliminate any wiring dependencies to narrow down if it was the receiver. Otherwise the 722 operates find, just did not think this was a common problem. I tested both tuners and they had the same problems. I guess its time to make the call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)