Low SR Channels

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Has anyone tried for some of the hard to scan in low SR channels?
I just tried for KTEL 87 Ku 12009 H 2170 Did not lock with the regular scan or detailed scan.
It did lock after I hand keyed in the TP and re-scanned.

This was from a 1.2m dish, Ku ortho feed w/PLL LNBs. Has good signal from most sats.

Last edited:
I know it locks KFTL on 72W which is at 1666 s/r...thats on a blind scan

The issue with KTEL (at least I noticed) is even on a manual scan if you bring up the transponder it takes a few seconds to lock. Maybe thats why the blind scan misses it

Has anyone tried for some of the hard to scan in low SR channels?
I just tried for KTEL 87 Ku 12009 H 2170 Did not lock with the regular scan or detailed scan.
It did lock after I hand keyed in the TP and re-scanned.

This was from a 1.2m dish with good signal from most sats.
Try the Echostar slate on 105W Ku. It's SR=1000, and the Manhattan blindscans it, but openbox can't see it.

Iceberg is right about KTEL taking a few seconds to recognize the transponder as being hot. Never understood why but it would make total sense that a blind scan could just be skipping it. Should have my new receiver by Tuesday to test out :)

KTEL sometimes scans in here on a Primestar 84E with original LNB with the separate V and H outputs. Bear in mind I'm scanning 87W constantly. I had to peak the dish, though, to get KTEL to pop into view reliably for daily watching without the "no signal" message appearing briefly before the picture appears. For the record, I think the Coolsat 8000 was more tolerant of slightly mis-aligned dishes, but there are channels I can get now that I couldn't get with the Coolsat (unrelated to the low SR discussion). Still can't get the Florida Channel to where it's viewable (nor on the Coolsat), wonder if it's the LNB for that polarity? Or is that one a weak signal?

Still can't get the Florida Channel to where it's viewable (nor on the Coolsat), wonder if it's the LNB for that polarity? Or is that one a weak signal?

It's definitely low signal because the SR is not that low on it. Signal strength is lower than most if not everything else on SES-2 Ku-band and it usually takes my 8 or 10 foot dish to check it rather than the occasional lock on my 1.2m ku dish.

as for problems with low SR signal, it could be dwell time and the microhd giving up or timing out before moving on -- low SR signals can take longer to lock onto or wait for the data stream that has the pid and other info about the signal so it can be written to memory.

It could also be that one is blind scanning with the wrong setting. If I know what I"m looking for is low SR, I use the low SR setting.

I'll have to do some low SR manual entry tests to see how much SR below 2000 SR the tuner can support. I would be amazed if it does a 740 SR signal and I have reasonable expectations if it will do a 1500 SR signal.

Still can't get the Florida Channel to where it's viewable (nor on the Coolsat), wonder if it's the LNB for that polarity? Or is that one a weak signal?

weak signal. Once in a while it will lock here in MN with a 15 or so quality and be jittery. Highest I ever seen was during the peak heat of the day...35 or so

Try the Echostar slate on 105W Ku. It's SR=1000, and the Manhattan blind scans it, but openbox can't see it.

Brent,

It scanned in the Dish slate in one pass tonight.

KTEL is the only skip I see so far.

You won't need your Openbox or Manhattan once your Micro arrives. My two are sitting in a heap on the floor. The Micro will easily handle your two motorized dishes and all the sats you can ask for.

Next

I'm watching Fight Now channel on AnikF3 119 C Band; what? This microHD I HAVE rocks, try entering the AID, VID and PCR (same as VID) on this micro unit and see if you wait a minute, the thing shows quality on these low number scans; on single transponder scan...

Wait, I'm watching ME TV with Gomer Pyle; huh, now its MASH on ME 119 C B? I think it is the combination for easy use, easy scanning of C Band or KU Band signals; and has USALS; and that it does do DVR well so far, it has not failed at doing anything I've wanted in it.

U also could be getting cross satellite interference, and need a larger dish to receive the signal clearly for that channel; as it is on old AMC-3; and I mean old transponder; while they installed new one SES-2...Larger dish and the gain in system sense of many 2 degree spaced satellites, and each cross polarized every other slot.

Last edited:
for the "fight Now" is MMA; i'll look, and right now! my microHD info display shows 859 0 676; this could be my usb2 (it must be). hmmmm, ok freq. 3889 pol. H SR 13020 C Band dmx741 22khz off; USALS; Satellite 118.8 West AnikF3 C Band scanned blind detailed. Hey, where is the different pcr stuffing for each channel (it only shows a number, not the one u are on wanting) like lyngsat does. I guess put in lyngsat.com's for this channel is now...also have 3922 H 18446 scanned and loaded for the ME TV and sports channel on that transponder which has those two. PCR=201 vid=201 aid=202 is one sport channel, on lyngsat.com; missing pcr and vid numbers on that transponder are 101 and 401 and 901. fyi.

The channel is one of 4 channels scanned; one is FTA India called Kairali TV; three are pay tv scrambled "$BFTV USA", "$Baby TV" "$NDTV" and the MMA Channel, "Fight Now" is 3890/13020/H and info no show with time shift on; 70% quality; i'll turn time shift off...

U know what; it's in info twice pressed! 3890/H/13020 fec 3/4 VID 2003 AID 3003[Dolby D]/ P 20>no see (bet it is 2003) DVB-S (QPSK) resolved to 1080i_60 (and fits the screen automaTICALLY in native mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This satellite is Galaxy 23 @ 121 C Band (I'm getting two satellites at once, both AnikF3 C Band at 70% and galaxy 23 at 70% with a 6 foot C/Ku dish! Must have scanned good to do this! (actually it is 2 degree spacoing that sends both at once)

3889 H
tp 9
RRsat Global Communications NetworkDVB-S13020-3/4

C
41-43
B Chester

Baby TV Latin AmericaViaccess 2.620123012 E
4012 Sp
5012 F
BabyFirst TVViaccess 2.5
Viaccess 2.6
220023002 E
Fight Now! TVMPEG-4/HD
Viaccess
320033003 E
NDTV 24x7

620063006 E
(RRsat feeds)
Inspirational Country Radio

3010 E

Last edited:
"You won't need your Openbox or Manhattan once your Micro arrives. My two are sitting in a heap on the floor. The Micro will easily handle your two motorized dishes and all the sats you can ask for." Actually , my Solomend 800 handles the dishes and sats just fine. The Manhattan doesn't , though. The Manhattan has a much more responsive remote control , though ( snappier response) . I expect that I'll keep the Manhattan on C-band, the Solomend 800 on Ku band, and the microHD monitoring both, for the immediate future. My MicroHD fails to blindscan the echostar slate, in either blindscan mode, but DOES pick it up when programmed in the tp section. I have to say that I prefer the Manhattan, in it's range of capability, although the MicroHD is better all round. The Solomend drops to third place , it can't blindscan that echostar slate either. :)
[edit] Had to manually enter KTEL, too. :(

Last edited:
depends though with the remote. I have an older plasma HDTV and the Manhattan remote throws fits. I have to put the receiver about 18 inches from the TV to work due to interference

The MicroHD sits right below the TV

Last edited:
depends though with the remote. I have an older plasma HDTV and the Manhattan remote throws fits. I have to put the receiver about 18 inches from the TV to work

The MicroHD sits right below the TV
I think with the Solomend, it depends a lot upon the software version, too. The really old software had a snappy remote, but it started slowing down in 2011 versions. The MicroHD remote snappiness factor is better than the Solomend 800 . :)
I also have big hands ( I'm 6'5" ) and the large Manhattan remote fits my hand well. :)

I just blind scanned (normal) G3 C-band and the MicroHD found/locked a 1480 SR signal on V polarity. Would mention specifics except this is not the WUT forum and I'm not sure if I should.

DRCars

I just blind scanned (normal) G3 C-band and the MicroHD found/locked a 1480 SR signal on V polarity.

DRCars

the question is how many of them. If only one, you are missing some.

The microHD suffers the same problem as the often-talked about Manhattan in blind scanning in a dense signal environment (like those particular transponders on G3C c-band that have a lot of signals close together) but the good news is the microHD has blind scan flexibility (various parameters) that makes it perform better than the manhattan but the microhd isn't perfect at finding everything available.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts