Low Winter Sun...AMC

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
As much as I love Lennie James, I don't see this one going anywhere.

I actually thought it was interesting. Maybe it was subconsciously due to the Detroit setting but after watching the first episode I want to see where this show goes.

The big problem I had with it was casting, the actor who plays the I.A. guy. Could not stand him in Suits, as a character, and he's carrying that persona over to this show. He's kind of grating and good only in small doses.

The big problem I had with it was casting, the actor who plays the I.A. guy. Could not stand him in Suits, as a character, and he's carrying that persona over to this show. He's kind of grating and good only in small doses.

It's Gale! I can't get that out of my mind when watching.

Even though I don't normally watch this genre of show, the first episode has me interested enough to watch the next. I just hope it's not a Breaking Bad wannabe show, in which a good, upstanding guy with integrity is gradually pulled over to the dark side and turned into a Walt White type of anti-hero through various efforts to cover up his crime.

I gave it a shot as well, with some of the reason being shot locally. Will give it another week.

He also had bad guy roles in Breaking Bad and Damages.

If they ever make a flick about the Cleveland Kidnapper/Rapist he would be the guy to play the part. He even looks a lot like him.

Not really feeling this show. If this wasn't limbo season for TV, I'd have stopped watching by now.

I love Lennie James, but I've never cared for gritty shows that center on organized crime, and none of the characters are likable enough for me to care what happens to them. I have absolutely no empathy for Frank and have trouble understanding why he'd be so hung up on prostitute. I mean the guy is decent looking and has a good job, and professional women he encounters through his police work (EMTs, doctors, nurses, DAs, court clerks, etc.) would give him ample prospects, not to mention all the groupies who hang out in cop bars looking to marry a decent guy in uniform. Obviously he's a flawed character with issues, but still.

I'm still watching...not really drawn to the show, but entertained enough to keep me coming back. However, I will not have time to watch after the fall premieres. When does this season conclude?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

After trying to force myself to watch this week's episode last night, I deleted it after 10 mins along with my timer for this show. Here's hoping for better things from "Better Call Saul."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts