NBC Launches Annual Live Musical Franchise

This is great news! Of course, continued ratings success all depends on the performers involved and the shows they perform. Offhand, I see a LOT of interest from the stars wanting to display their talent before a live audience of 20M people; could be a real feather in their their caps. Mary Poppins? West Side Story? Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? We shall see! Perhaps we'll even see some of the original performers in a cameo role? It would have been outstanding to have seen Julie Andrews perform in a cameo role.

Great !! I suggested that they either do a monthly or yearly special and do the great plays like Auntie Mame or Bye Bye Birdie etc. THey just need to keep casting current stars that people want to see in the roles. Carrie Underwood was great to me in the singing and dancing roles. The acting wasn't as great as some of her costars but Carrie in only in her 20s and I am sure she will improve with age and practice. But 10 months to prepare for her role? I 'm sure she got tired of singing the tunes of the Sound of Music after that long. I will look forward to watching another one next year.