Lower 99 + 103 After Install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KaJ

Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
This is my first Satellite dish, which was just installed last night. The 101 reading is in the high 90's while 99 and 103 are in the 70-84 range. Is this sufficient or should I mess with the dish a bit? It's on my balcony so I can see the television while adjusting.

If I do need to make an adjustment, what needs to be made in order to get >90 signal? I just want the best possible signal and never have to think about it again. I mean is 70-low 80s good enough? Does PQ suffer with a lower signal strength?

those numbers are ok to watch tv but if you have rain could be a problem .
fell free to mess with it and if you mess up to the point you need the tech back you can count the original installer might get caned.

This is my first Satellite dish, which was just installed last night. The 101 reading is in the high 90's while 99 and 103 are in the 70-84 range. Is this sufficient or should I mess with the dish a bit? It's on my balcony so I can see the television while adjusting.

If I do need to make an adjustment, what needs to be made in order to get >90 signal? I just want the best possible signal and never have to think about it again. I mean is 70-low 80s good enough? Does PQ suffer with a lower signal strength?

I don't know what are acceptable signals in your area. What I can say is that if the receiver verified, then the signals are within range of what D* expects.

If you really wnat to mess with it there are 4 bolts to lossen up. 2 underneath the tilt/sqew and the two on the sides where you see the elevation markings. use a 1/2" wrench and turn the elevation fine tuning knob, and the dither knob, untill you get the highest siganl.

You need to get the dither adjustment to be right in the middle at peak signal, thats what the numbers are for.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts