Switching from E* to D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sfollenius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Okay, I had D* about a year ago, switched to E* for $$ savings. Can I buy two HD DVR's and hook up the 2nd to an SDTV? I plan on upgrading the tv in my BR but would love to have the total home DVR with double the storage. My other option is to get an HD DVR on primary then HD Reciever on the 2nd TV and use an external drive. Last I knew, the internal Drive is disabled when you get an external AND the cost of the External Drive would cost me the fee to get the 2nd HDDRV.

Any comments on my thinking?

Okay, I had D* about a year ago, switched to E* for $$ savings. Can I buy two HD DVR's and hook up the 2nd to an SDTV?
YES

I plan on upgrading the tv in my BR but would love to have the total home DVR with double the storage.

My other option is to get an HD DVR on primary then HD Reciever on the 2nd TV and use an external drive.

Last I knew, the internal Drive is disabled when you get an external AND the cost of the External Drive would cost me the fee to get the 2nd HDDRV.
Yes, when you plug in an External HD it disables the internal.

Any comments on my thinking?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts