Loyal Dish customer longevity

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Almost 20 years now for me. Thought I was cool when I successfully followed the interwebs script to upgrade to a larger hard disk on the 501...or was it the 301?

I have been a 21 year customer with an earlier post. I think I spoke too soon. Everything is far from
fine and the treatment I received to simply inquire about a Price Lock that was actually offered to me. It did not kick in and I called and then I had a number to call Denver and it was like “ would you like to cancel what was offered which was different from the initial Price Lock offer and find another provider”? Never in my life have I been treated that way. Might be time to go. Very disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have been a 21 year customer with an earlier post. I think I spoke too soon. Everything is far from
fine and the treatment I received to simply inquire about a Price Lock that was actually offered to me. It did not kick in and I called and then I had a number to call Denver and it was like “ would you like to cancel what was offered which was different from the initial Price Lock offer and find another provider”? Never in my life have I been treated that way. Might be time to go. Very disappointing.

If at first you don’t succeed, try, try try, try again. Col. Jack O’Neill.

2004 for me ,17 years, I am out of contract as of next month, they used to be ahead on technology and a great channel selection,now no more HBO, I get a better deal with the HBOmax (11.99 for 1 year) and stars 8.99 and showtime for 10.99 but on Hulu you get all of the feeds of all of those channels of 30 channels (east/west coast feeds) Dish has be unmatched in reliability , after hurricane Katrina dish never went down when we had power, in 2020 we had 5 storms hit Louisiana, dish never went down, now a lot of channels aren't in HD , Tv land ,NASA, Cspan channels more new channels would be nice Sky News ,BBC world in HD, the OTA for sub channels don't give any info, the box, the hopper3 locks up a lot have trouble with the moca on the joeys now, the signal itself is super relaible but the system is too buggy and not hbo and full hd line up of their channels. otherwise I'd renew my contract.

If at first you don’t succeed, try, try try, try again. Col. Jack O’Neill.
stargate GIF by South Park
what GIF

Does anyone remember a package where you could pick any 10 channels for $15?
Yes
Anyone remember the DISH DVD receiver that turned out to be vaporware?
Yes, I wanted one badly.

Recite the receiver's you've had!
No

I've had Dish more than 21 years.
Back in day when I heard about DBS I was thinking of it is an alternative to cable. I got Directv first. After only about a year or two, I thought Directv was unfullfilling and expensive, so I went back with cable. I had to have something.
I had not heard of Dish yet.
I heard about Sky Angel being available on Dish and that Dish had technology that allowed recording of the DBS stream for later playback in full digital quality on digital VHS tapes.
I would give Dish a try. I have loved Dish ever since.
Equipment was purchased in the past, and I have had a lot of equipment. I probably have had more than 15 different receivers that were all purchased.
I watched Charlie Chat and Tech Chat religiously.
I feel Dish is better than any other option in almost every way and being a Dish Network customer is and has been great.
I hope it does not end.
Dish has gotten better through the years.
I had difficulty with line of sight issues since a move 15 years ago but Dish found a way for me repeatedly then I switched to eastern arch with OTA where I don't have problems.
My ISP, the cable company, is such a rip off they make it hard to enjoy streaming. Even if I didn't have the ISP to deal with and could stream freely, I would still prefer Dish for TV.
I don't own my receivers now and have the Hopper 3 with 4K Joeys. It is amazing.
The guys on Satelliteguys are great. I have learned a lot here.

"Recite the receiver's you've had!...No"

Like this reply. I would be completely unable to do this; I know I got a 501 DVR when I first joined Dish in 2001 (after a lightning strike killed my BUD system). I know, when I left my rural house in 2016 I had a 722 and a 612; in between I had a number of DVRs, but no longer clear on which ones (Had a 622 at some point; remember a 900 series - 921 or 942? - when HD first came on line). Memory not what it used to be...

Now in town with a Hopper 3 for almost 5 years, a great DVR. Only drawback will be when it eventually dies, I won't have a 612 in the bedroom to use as a temporary replacement.

19 years but that may change after the way I was treated today by Customer Service. Used to be able to email ceo@dishnetwork.com with escalation issues, but that bounced back - anybody know the current email to escalate issues too?

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
19 years but that may change after the way I was treated today by Customer Service. Used to be able to email ceo@dishnetwork.com with escalation issues, but that bounced back - anybody know the current email to escalate issues too?

I would just call it a day and get another provider. That is what I am in the process of doing after I was treated like a low life. Being a 21 year customer apparently has no value to them. Sad

Sorry but I disagree. It was absolutely in HD and was on the 61.5 Dish.

Edit: my apologies because you're right. What I initially received was the demo channel but it had mostly space walks which is why I mistakingly thought it was NASA. It was the first and only HDTV channel they offered when I had it installed.
I was told by a Rep when I called and inquired. There are 3 Feeds: Public, Educational and Media. We get the Educational version that is SD and not set up for the type of retail broadcast we'd expect. For a short time the Public Feed that is HD and has a schedule of programming was being shown. But that didn't last long and I have noticed it change around every so often.

26 Year d¡sh Vet here. Within the next week I get to call in and renegotiate.

Reactions: charlesrshell
i am at least 20 years.
i have thought about leaving, i tried the trials of all the streaming services only to prove dish PQ is far better and i can’t live without the hopper 3 and 4k joey
wish they would go all HD....
i am staying till i am dead

• Love
Reactions: charlesrshell
I know it doesn’t fit in today’s social media society, it would be fun to see a Charlie chat again!
Those chats were fun back in the 90s and the 00s when they were adding local channels and a new receiver every few years. But if the truth be told , they were really boring when they got in to the minutiae with some of their answers. Especially when Charlie would start rambling.

21 years. It was just after Dish raised the price on DishPix from $1.00 each for 10 channels to $1.50 per channel.

Being on the west coast, I enjoyed receiving both east and west coast Networks (with PBS) where I could watch prime time 3 hours earlier. My vacation home was in a mountain valley and had no OTA reception, which made me legally eligible at the time.

23 years. Started when I purchased a 3000 and a 4000, along with an install kit. I think it was about $800. The 3000 was an IR only and 4000 had a UHF remote. Then the 501 which had a DVR and NO monthly charge. Then ... and, and, and...... you get the idea. CharlieChat was a monthly must.

Last edited:
I don't remember the year, but we had "America's Top 40" and we had been on for a few years before they offered local channels in ATL (which was in the trial run for the locals concept)... so it's been a while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)