LPB on 87W?

Haven't seen a peep out of this mux for a couple of weeks up here.
The other 87W channels are still on.

Whenever I have remembered to check in the last few days, the channels have not been there. From around the beginning of the month, it has been a situation of either a weak viewable signal or no signal at all. As you say, all other channels at expected levels.

Reactions: c-spand
I don't watch it a lot but it's there when I looked for it recently and now.

Attachments

• LPB.jpg
    LPB.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 167
I just checked this and signal is very weak for me now - only getting a momentary lock. It was coming in fine yesterday. Wonder what is up? :(

Gone for me, as well. As I said above, the signal has been substantially lower than in the past for about at least since the beginning of the month, and seems to be getting worse as far as complete loss at times. Meanwhile, the LPB/LATV channel at 11804 H 1250 has not had complete loss (whenever I have remembered to check it when LPB has been gone). If I recall correctly, LPB/LATV channel has always been a stronger signal (I am currently getting it at 51-52 on the AZBox) than LPB, but not sure if that is about its normal strength or down some.

I also believe they both are broadcast from the same facility, as it appears to be from this LPB website: Technology | Louisiana Public Broadcasting

You know Lousiana tends to have lots of heavy rain downpours, giving the uplink station a hard time sending the upper Ku band 14 GHz or 16 GHz "not sure which band they use" signal to satellite.

Reminds me stationed in Panama Canal Zone in my younger years watching super rain downpours coming down like crazy. :)

LPB channels are 3 dB weaker this morning than the 11804 test channel. The test channel is usually stronger but maybe not by this amount. So the test channel is nice and clear but the other channels are just above lock level. Maybe the potential snowmageddon weather pattern moving up the east coast is a factor.

LPB channels are 3 dB weaker this morning than the 11804 test channel. The test channel is usually stronger but maybe not by this amount. So the test channel is nice and clear but the other channels are just above lock level. Maybe the potential snowmageddon weather pattern moving up the east coast is a factor.

This morning, 11804 is up from 51-52 to 60-61and LPB is at 37-38 (occasional pixelation). Weather is the same as last night. Will have to monitor to see if the two wax and wane at the same time.

I do know LPB use to be a lot stronger than this, I use to be able to get it on my 60e (in fact, the problem at the time with the 60e, was that the CNN mux would come and go because it wasn't strong enough).

Anyhow, just checked some notes I have and found that I did a slight re-point of my 75e dish on November 28th and gained a few points on LPB (noted at the time an increase from 38-39 to 41-42). So, the signal would have been low probably for at least a week before that (I don't rush out and re-point like I use to, have a bit more patience now!). Plus I only did a re-point of it while doing a re-point of another dish which really did require one (think some high winds caused a slight twist and substantial signal loss).

I believe kofi123 mentioned at some point that LPB's mandate to broadcast via Ku satellite ends in 2021. Not sure if Louisiana has renewed that mandate or not.

Hope they do renew, but wouldn't be at all surprised if they don't, with the way things have been dropping off of Ku this past while (still miss the ABC and NBC feeds muxes).

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)