LSU Schedules App. St.

First time ever that the champions of both I-A and I-AA (or whatever you want to call them) have met in the following season. I still think LSU will win this by 3 or 4 touchdowns, though.

I bet LSU doesn't take them lightly .....
Is it the first game for LSU , or where does it fall into the schedule ?

Jimbo

It'll be their first game of the season, August 30th at Tiger Stadium. If they do take App. St. lightly (but I agree with you, they won't), they deserve what they get.

It'll be their first game of the season, August 30th at Tiger Stadium. If they do take App. St. lightly (but I agree with you, they won't), they deserve what they get.
They'll intentionally try to run up the score just to make the Big 10 look bad.

Ya think? :D I guess it would be a chance for Miles to stick it to Michigan one more time.
Especially since a game between the Div 1-A & 1-AA champs will likely get national television exposure (especially because of last years Michigan loss). If CBS doesn't pick it up as the SEC game of the week (Alabama/Clemson game is the only game of note that week for the SEC), then ESPN probably will pick it up for one of its channels.

Especially since a game between the Div 1-A & 1-AA champs will likely get national television exposure (especially because of last years Michigan loss). If CBS doesn't pick it up as the SEC game of the week (Alabama/Clemson game is the only game of note that week for the SEC), then ESPN probably will pick it up for one of its channels.

ESPN will most likely air it (a 1-AA team would be beneath CBS's criteria). Also, if App. St. does pull off an upset, ESPN can get back to bashing my Tigers again. :mad:

ESPN will most likely air it (a 1-AA team would be beneath CBS's criteria). Also, if App. St. does pull off an upset, ESPN can get back to bashing my Tigers again. :mad:

Being a Michigan man, that would be something I'd like to see. It certainly would make the season interesting, don't you think?

a 1-AA team would be beneath CBS's criteria.
I don't know, with them beating Michigan last year, and both being defending National Champions, I can see it being a tempting choice for CBS, especially since most of the SEC schedule is a wasteland that weekend.

wow, got give LSU some credit for scheduling what might not be an easy opponent to begin the 2008 campaign. logic would suggest LSU would win. but ask Michigan about logic!

Sorry App. St.

This game will not be close.
funny thing is, most of App. St. supporters in the game will be the Big 10, hoping for some redemption in an LSU loss to App. St. :D

I agree it won't be close, LSU will put a hurting on them, and probably won't let up in the 4th qrt. like they normally would, just to rub the Big 10's nose in it.

Sorry App. St.

This game will not be close.

funny thing is, most of App. St. supporters in the game will be the Big 10, hoping for some redemption in an LSU loss to App. St. :D

I agree it won't be close, LSU will put a hurting on them, and probably won't let up in the 4th qrt. like they normally would, just to rub the Big 10's nose in it.

Let's hope you guys are right. LSU has a history of coming out the gate a little disorganized against fired-up opponents with talent (then again, this will be in Death Valley and the first game defending a national title :D).

If App. St. does manage to pull the upset, they will be next season's South Florida, until they're beaten back into reality. ;)