LSU vs Ohio St.

Who will win the BCS championship?

• Ohio St.

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • LSU

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
You mean another slaughter? 2 years in a row!

You guys would be lost outside of your SE conference area, do you even play any games outside of your own state and surrounding states ?

I know you would not be able to play in November and December in 20-30 * weather where REAL football is played.

Football was not meant to be played in 80-90* weather.
If you look at all the really good games played that go down in history you'll see them played in the COLD weather... OUTSIDE

Jimbo

You guys would be lost outside of your SE conference area, do you even play any games outside of your own state and surrounding states ?

I know you would not be able to play in November and December in 20-30 * weather where REAL football is played.

If you look at all the really good games played that go down in history you'll see them played in the COLD weather... OUTSIDE

Jimbo
From a fan's perspective, I'd much rather spend a week in January in Pasadena, Glendale, New Orleans, or Miami than anywhere where it's 20-30. :)

From a fan's perspective, I'd much rather spend a week in January in Pasadena, Glendale, New Orleans, or Miami than anywhere where it's 20-30. :)

I agree "From a fans perspective", but they don't care what the fans want.

IF you played a game at the Big House you would get over 100,000 fans showing up regardless... btw, how many show up in NO. , what does the dome hold ? You could make more money too !

Football fans don't care about weather, the stadiums are packed each week!

IF you played a game at the Big House you would get over 100,000 fans showing up regardless... btw, how many show up in NO. , what does the dome hold ? You could make more money too !

Nor hockey fans.:)

Except that most of the season is played in September & October, not exactly 20-30 degree weather. :rolleyes:

Personally I think it's worse to play in 90 degree weather with 80 percent humidity.

The superdome can hold up to 79,000 and the game was sold out. Secondly, I don't think you would make more money...we got a little ole' street called Bourbon Street which most fans would rather be hanging out on in a warmer climate....you should come visit for Mardi Gras

The superdome can hold up to 79,000 and the game was sold out. Secondly, I don't think you would make more money...we got a little ole' street called Bourbon Street which most fans would rather be hanging out on in a warmer climate....you should come visit for Mardi Gras
That's the key, tourism money. More people go down to the game, than actually see the game.

But bowl games aren't just the games. There are week-long events leading up to the game including parades and various banquets, activities, etc. The weather may not matter for just the game, but I don't think too many people would like to spend a week in 20 degree weather with outside activities. And it's the tourism dollars as derwin said as well.

But bowl games aren't just the games. There are week-long events leading up to the game including parades and various banquets, activities, etc. The weather may not matter for just the game, but I don't think too many people would like to spend a week in 20 degree weather with outside activities. And it's the tourism dollars as derwin said as well.
Well Superbowl XL was in Detroit, and downtown was bumping for the entire week leading up to the game. There were all kinds of outdoor activities and people didn't seem to mind braving the sub-freezing temperatures. Granted, most of the visitors were from Pittsburgh or Seattle so it's not like they were accustomed to warm weather.

Well Superbowl XL was in Detroit, and downtown was bumping for the entire week leading up to the game. There were all kinds of outdoor activities and people didn't seem to mind braving the sub-freezing temperatures. Granted, most of the visitors were from Pittsburgh or Seattle so it's not like they were accustomed to warm weather.
Good point, but this is definitely not the norm. Just look at where the Super Bowl has been held most often. New Orleans, LA, Miami, Tampa, and San Diego. And the next four are in Glendale, Tampa, Miami, and Dallas respectively. I can take Detroit, let's just all hope it's not held in London :eek:

Good point, but this is definitely not the norm. Just look at where the Super Bowl has been held most often. New Orleans, LA, Miami, Tampa, and San Diego. And the next four are in Glendale, Tampa, Miami, and Dallas respectively. I can take Detroit, let's just all hope it's not held in London :eek:

You left out Indianapolis, site of the Super Bowl in 2012... ok, I know it hasn't been decided yet, but I think it's probably a done deal.

OSU gets slaughterd two years and a row and its because it was not cold???
cant we just say OSUs 0 andwhat 9 record againest the SEC just means they cant handle the SEC?

OSU gets slaughterd two years and a row and its because it was not cold???
cant we just say OSUs 0 andwhat 9 record againest the SEC just means they cant handle the SEC?
You can't deny the fact that SEC schools often have a decided home field advantage in many of their bowl games. To argue otherwise is asinine. That being said, I don't think anyone is saying that the game would have turned out differently if it were held somewhere else.

It seems you rip on Ohio State and the Big 10 at every possible opportunity. We get it--you think they're both highly overrated. Heck, after what has happened the last 2 years I'm inclined to agree with you. However, conference strength is cyclical, and the Big 10 won't stay down for long. In fact, many would argue that it's doing just fine. I'm sure you've heard that the Big 10 has a winning record against the SEC in bowl games over the past 10 years. How does that demonstrate SEC dominance over the Big 10? Yes, OSU seems to have a big problem with SEC schools, but on the other hand Michigan has downright dominated the SEC.

Whatever, I'm just so sick of everyone saying "Told you so!!!" People love to rub it in when they're right, but when they're wrong (see Ohio State vs. Miami in 2003) they never come back to eat crow. This goes for the fans as well as the analysts.

Mets get Santana??

Georgia Frontiere Rams and NFL's ONLY Female owner dies

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)