LSU vs Ohio St.

Who will win the BCS championship?

• Ohio St.

Votes: 30 44.8%
  • LSU

Votes: 37 55.2%

• Total voters
I thought John David Booty played the whole game and threw about 4 interceptions.

That was the game he got hurt in, as far as I know, maybe I'm wrong, but who knows for sure, I'll look it up ...

edit: My bad, your right , all along I thought that USC lost because they didn't have thier QB
He was definatly there, 24-40 364, 2 TD and 4 picks.

That was the game he got hurt in, as far as I know, maybe I'm wrong, but who knows for sure, I'll look it up ...

edit: My bad, your right , all along I thought that USC lost because they didn't have thier QB
He played the whole game, got hurt at some point, and sat out the next three games.

It's all good. I think he did get hurt during the game, he just never came out.

edit: You beat me to it, mdonnelly.

The trojans couldn't decimate Stanford. STANFORD! Anytime you lose to a 41 point underdog, you don't deserve to be national champions. To put that loss into perspective, insiders said that had their been a line on the App State - Michigan game, Michigan would have been favored by 21 points.

yep, that's true. but considering booty missed a few games, the trojans came back and played some of their best ball at the end of the season.

i don't discredit anything georgia did this season. and yes, a georgia-usc matchup would have been a great game. my hunch is usc still wins. and if they don't, georgia should have won the ap championship.

but then again we all know how mucked up the bowl system is, right?

...georgia should have won the ap championship...

Why should Georgia, who finished no better than 3rd in the SEC, and beat a Hawaii team that clearly didn't belong up there with the big boys, win the AP over LSU, who finished 1st in the SEC and won the BCSCG by beating the #1 team in the country? Should LSU be punished for doing more? :confused: And go look at Georgia's record in the SEC. They beat Kentucky, a team that LSU lost to in 3OTs, but lost to South Carolina, who LSU beat easily, and Tennessee (who crushed Georgia) that LSU beat using a backup QB. Georgia also struggled in several games during the season as well, and they weren't a #1 or #2 target like LSU was.

I think it's funny how all these fans have suddenly jumped on Georgia's band wagon just to discredit the two teams that made the BCSCG.

As for USC, I agree with Jim Carville - "beat Stanford at home or just shut up."

It's funny how you don't ever hear any of this when other teams win the NC, just LSU. Why is that? ;)

Last edited:
I think it's funny how all these fans have suddenly jumped on Georgia's band wagon just to discredit the two teams that made the BCSCG.
I grew up in rural Georgia, so no bandwagon here. :D
As it is, I think Georgia shouldn't be above LSU, but I will argue they should be above everyone else.
SEC baby :up
It's funny how you don't ever hear any of this when other teams win the NC, just LSU. Why is that?
wink.gif
We heard it a couple years ago when USC whooped on Oklahoma, and Auburn got left out in the cold. That was a team that really got screwed.

Why should Georgia, who finished no better than 3rd in the SEC, and beat a Hawaii team that clearly didn't belong up there with the big boys, win the AP over LSU, who finished 1st in the SEC and won the BCSCG by beating the #1 team in the country? Should LSU be punished for doing more? :confused: And go look at Georgia's record in the SEC. They beat Kentucky, a team that LSU lost to in 3OTs, but lost to South Carolina, who LSU beat easily, and Tennessee (who crushed Georgia) that LSU beat using a backup QB. Georgia also struggled in several games during the season as well, and they weren't a #1 or #2 target like LSU was.

As for USC, I agree with Jim Carville - "beat Stanford at home or just shut up."

It's funny how you don't ever hear any of this when other teams win the NC, just LSU. Why is that? ;)

i said if georgia played usc and won, then they should win the ap championship. that's a mighty big if considering i believe USC wins that game! for starters, just because they lost to the vols, they had the better record so how are they the third best team in the conference? make that second best.

and losing to stanford was ugly but it hardly ruined the trojans season. yes, it cost them a shot at the national championship.

You have a nice day too. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I didn't mean to rain on your parade... It wasn't meant as a crack on LSU - they did what they could, which was to get to the "championship game" and win it, so congratulations to them. I just don't like the system. Perhaps LSU would have won a playoff as well, but we'll never know.

Do you remember the way it used to be? The writers truly did decide the NC with the old bowl alignments. I am all for a 4-team playoff (aka. plus one), but you have to admit that the BCS is better than what we used to have.

Yes, I do... and I didn't like that either. Personally I'd rather see an 8-team playoff. As it is now, college football is nothing more than a mildly interesting diversion when I have nothing else to do - I just can't get into it.

Couldn't agree more with this one, even though I also think USC probably was the best team at the end of the year...

I've heard it most years, especially recently. I think this year it has something to do with the fact that LSU has two losses and no one feels very good about how anything turned out. Face it... with the current system, it's hard to feel right about crowning a champion unless someone goes undefeated... or maybe has one tough loss to a good team. Get beyond that, and people are going to gripe - that's the nature of the beast.

LSU was pretty lucky to have played the 3rd best team in the east in the SEC title game.

So true - especially since they had to play and beat the 2nd best during the year. I was still worried though, since the 3rd best had destroyed the so-called best of the east a few weeks back.

But I will admit, LSU got a break in the SECCG (thanks for choking in that 3OT game UK), especially with the Tigers being so banged up and Georgia finally (although a little late) playing SEC ball. :)

Last edited:
And win 3 games in OT ......

Why is it that LSU had to go to 3 OT's with these clearly inferior teams ?

The only OT games LSU played in were the two 3OT losses. :confused:

As for LSU's performance at times against inferior teams, at least they finally corrected that problem by the time they played in the BCSCG. ;)

OK - I'm done on this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)