Lubbock and West Texas Voom!

I would be interested in ISF, but as a college student don't have access to quick cash. I would be interested in prices though. On OTA issues what part of town are you in. Were over in NW by Quaker and can get every channel but CBS regularly with the Stealthmaster with no preamp. Antennae was attached to the sat, but since we moved it to a stand it made a world of difference.

z71, just PMed you. I live near Quaker and Soth Loop. My problem is multipath. Just can't find sweet spot. I never have gotten ABC, and used to get FOX and NBC consistently, but can't anymore. I'm in an apartment on the ground floor, so I can't get vertical with antenna.

I got the Pm, my neigbor and I are both vooming and he seems a bit reluctant too spend the money on ISF. I have been trying to explain to him the benefits, but he wants to see it first. I tried to explain to him that he could see mine, but if he wanted it, would have to spend a lot more if he saw what he liked. On ota issue were pretty much on opposite sides of town, I thought KJTV's tower was over on your side. I see it all the time on some rides back from the strip. Too bad we have Texas Size owning are CBS and ABC. I might watch both networks if they broadcast HD. Guess thats what we deal with for living in West Texas.

Just let me know what you decide. I'm still waiting to hear from Steve, so no hurry. I don't care much about ABC. But no HD-CBS so no HD-CSI makes me feel like I'm missing a big part of the shared HD experience.

I was targeted tonight along with my neighbor. It seems that if you had 5.68 you had to do a hard boot when targeted and it did not effect 6.0. Im guessing that everyone is getting the new Firmware tonight but if not just curious if everyone else in the lubbock area is getting it.

Its not bad. Not to much different, but added some nice features. When I was trying to tune in KLBK the signal was dead, then it would jump to 80. Seemed unusual. Now all we have left to complain about is the PQ and that was a bigger issue for me then the new software. It has progressively gotten worse on the SD in the past few days, on all of the solid colors. HD has stayed about the same. By the way, if anyone is up at the time from 6am-7:30am noticed that on the premium channels satellite signal drops to low 30's, but on the originals its not a problem.

I have started to very clearly receive CBS and ABC since the software update. Before, I never had received any signal from ABC and only intermittent from CBS. However, NBC has become spotty along with having lost PBS. I don't care about PBS b/c all it is is a HD demo channel anyway, and NBC is usually OK during primetime. Only if UPN would get going I'd be all set digitally. But PQ on ABC and CBS is awful.

I know that the local UPN is owned by the same people that own FOX and I have heard that they might be getting a tower built by next year but who knows. Its always a possibilty that they could broadcast on KJ's substation but I would not be in favor of that. Do we even have a local WB? I have never really cared to find to out.Still no CBS for us, but I don't really miss it.

I e-mailed Voom about my OTA and got a call from Max S two days later. A guy came out and setup the Wineguard on a taller pole (still attached to the dish install) and I can get everything except ABC.

The box says the antenna does analog as well as digital. How do I get it hooked up to my TV or whatever so I can get the football games? Or, since you can get it squicken, should I start jacking with the antenna position and go for digital?

I have now actually lost the ABC signal, and evewn the NBC has been a little dodgy. You could use a splitter and send one to your TV and one to your Voom STB, but this will hurt your signal strength. I had an old pair of rabbit ears, and I hooked it up to the TV to get ABC and UPN. The only times I'll ever watch ABC is for CFB and MNF, and only need UPN for Enterprise.

I guess try the splitter first, see if it costs you any reception. Then try rabbit ears if necessary. Some people just strip a coaxial wire on one end and use it as an antenna.

Good luck.

NBC signal gone

I previously had a 99% signal strength for KCBD11 and now it has dropped 75%. Nothing has occured to the antennae, but we did have that bad weather. Anybody else have this problem?

Sometimes the antenna does not move but the signal is bounced in a slight different direction. This happened to me recently where I would lose reception on fox at night time (I am in another city than yours). I went to the roof a slightly move the antenna and got the reception back.

Weather is killing my OTA-CBS. They've gone digital; no more analog upconvert. But even with a strong signal, I'm getting macro-blocking during storms. No problems with others, but I finally installed a rotor, so it does the work. Still can't get ABC consistently, even with rotor. It's just too low power. It's also alot better now, at least when it comes in. Much better than what I used to get through cable.

squicken said:
Weather is killing my OTA-CBS. They've gone digital; no more analog upconvert. But even with a strong signal, I'm getting macro-blocking during storms. No problems with others, but I finally installed a rotor, so it does the work. Still can't get ABC consistently, even with rotor. It's just too low power. It's also alot better now, at least when it comes in. Much better than what I used to get through cable.
I actually called Cox today to get basic service again since last week the ABC MNF game was so horrid I couldn't even watch it. At least now it's watchable.

And I still can't get a lick of CBS.
:no

ElginCon said:
I actually called Cox today to get basic service again since last week the ABC MNF game was so horrid I couldn't even watch it. At least now it's watchable.

And I still can't get a lick of CBS.
:no
I'm going through ABC pains also. My digital ABC is just too inconsistent. I'm having to watch college games OTA-analog, and it's terrible with an indoor antenna. But all I need it for is college football and MNF. The only other thing I watch that I can't get digitally is Enterprise, and I get UPN-analog crystal clear. Go figure?

PS I really think ABC and CBS digital look much better now than a couple of weeks ago.

squicken said:
PS I really think ABC and CBS digital look much better now than a couple of weeks ago.
ABC was 110% better. I saw the Packers crumble in historic fashion in some mildly digital-ish broadcast. What cracks me up is that I'm on 34th and Quaker - not extremely far from the ABC/CBS tower with no tall buildings or massive trees around.

There should be laws against signals this bad
:rolleyes:

If you subscribe to cable internet through cox, you don't have to pay for basic cable. I have been able to get there basic and expanded service for some time. I can get ABC perfectly even thought it looks terrible, but can not get CBS and there tower is closer. I hope that Texas Size wakes up and transmits full power and transmits a better picture because it seems we will never get HD from them.

Lots of wind last night and snow at the moment. My sat signal is at 67 =( Think it's a dish alignment problem or is this common with snow?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)