Luken on 87 C is back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vondertrenk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2007
Canada
WIth all the rumors that Luken was going to surprise us by the end of the month, yesterday, I scanned 87 C at 4000 H, 29125 and.... surprise!!!! Luken is back!!!. I got 34 channels with a 6ft dish, and a micro HD receiver. Signal was fluctuating around 70% in a very cloudy, snowy day. Please note about a year ago I lost all of them when they migrated from DVB-S to DVB-S2.

Is this the big surprise for us or is something else coming up?

I am really happy to get those channels back.

Trip had mentioned he heard that Luken would turn off the 87w C band feed, along with the Ku one by the end of this month.

They've been there for quite some time. (Before ceasing DVB-S) But for many they've been hard to get to come in. A couple of months ago they must have done something as now they are easier to lock on to. I couldn't get them when they were first on this TP. But now they are usually receivable. 137W was always receivable. There are a few threads about it.
Enjoy while you have them.
The surprise is they will cease on 83W Ku the end of the month. (which sounds like a certainty)
EDIT: slow typist. Ceasing xmission @ 87w C band is news to me.

AAAggghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
137 is dependable for me, not 87. Oh well, don't 'tune in' that often.
Going to fibre them to the Hawaiian affiliates then??

I dont know for how long this improvement has been there, i have been reading the forum almost every day for the last six months and have not seen any comment about the improved signal on 87 (SES 2). I also scan SES-2 periodially at least once a week but this is the first time I get this signal so strong. I also got Pursuit that was missing also.

Again, is there any nice surprise from Luken coming soon? ( hope I am not hacking any similar thread)

I first noticed an improved signal for the 87w luken mux around the end of October. I mentioned it in a couple of posts, but did not start a thread about it. At first I went from occassionally getting it at night to all of a sudden getting it most nights and part of the day. As the leaves and temperature started falling around here it became more and more stable. I've only not locked it once that I remember in about a month and a half. This is on a 6ft Sadoun.

Going to fibre them to the Hawaiian affiliates then??

As far as I know, yes.

I first noticed an improved signal for the 87w luken mux around the end of October. I mentioned it in a couple of posts, but did not start a thread about it. At first I went from occassionally getting it at night to all of a sudden getting it most nights and part of the day. As the leaves and temperature started falling around here it became more and more stable. I've only not locked it once that I remember in about a month and a half. This is on a 6ft Sadoun.

That correlates to when I was told the signal quality was "significantly improved."

- Trip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts