125w K (AMC21) Signal Strength Down on 12180/V/30000 (PBS)?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Has the signal strength dropped on 125w K AMC21 (12180/V/30000)(PBS)? I used to have a solid 73% on my 90cm Geosat Pro dish. Now however,
the best that I can do is between 50-55%. I checked the alignment of the dish today and it was right on the money. Oddly enough, I'm getting OETA
stronger now at around 50-60%. Montanna PBS is running around 25%. How is the signal strength on your end!

Regards,

Bill

I have the normal signal quality (72%) on 12180 here in the Midwest. Could be a weather glitch or maybe some new source of terrestrial Interference causing low quality for you.

Down just slightly to around 70, and bouncing down to 65, but solid reception. Fixed 84e dish and S9

What are you using for an LNBF?

oh ok good lnbf then.

This is what's listed in his signature?

C Band: 10' Winegard Pinnacle, Orthomode Feed with Norsat 8115 LNB's, V-Box, Von Weise Mover
Ku Band: 90cm GeoSatPro Dish, GeoSatPro PLL LNBF, HH-Motor
Receiver: MicroHD

I thought the GeoSat stuff was suppose to be good??

And for the OP, I've been having problems with Montana on both my systems for some time now as have some others here. I can lock it but it will pixilate some from time to time.

This morning, I have an unsteady reading of 51 - 71Q for Oklahoma, 23-44Q for Montana, 74-78Q for the East and West feeds. Just slightly down from normal, but we've had big wind gusts in the past few weeks and I'm not going out in the cold to tinker! I haven't paid much attention because with the PLL lnbf, nothing pixelates and I can only tell a reduction or change in strength by looking at the signal meter when it's just slightly off.

Strange. Blowing in like always here. 1M Channel Master
PBS - 83Q
OETA - 83Q
Montana -70Q
Wind blowing like nuts here today. Gusts up to 48 MPH
Big Mac bridge was closed early today.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)