lyve app coming to dish?

tunein radio is not interested in creating a app for the dish hopper dvr this is what they told me
":Hi Allen, we don't have any plans to develop an app for the Dish Hopper at this time. I will share your interest with our team"

Tunein is the same thing, using the same app. Again the audio played on your phone could be sent to the Hopper. TuneIn is not making the app.... and again I am told that the app has been shelved by Echostar.

I don't know about the rest of you, but Dish is frustrating me with all the "great things" that are coming to the Hopper. And then....shelved as Scott puts it. Are we ever going to get anything before the Hopper is "shelved" for a new receiver? I was looking forward to more apps. Music apps would be nice since many of us have a home theater where we listen to music also. Saves us from having to mess with another device to get music to our home theater. And while I'm at it....is there a contract dispute or something to explain why TVLand is not in HD? Dish must be the only one left that doesn't have HD for that popular channel.

The hopper is about to become the secondary receiver. There is a new hopper about to release, so I would withhold to much judgement. It's not uncommon for tech companies to announce something and then put it back on the shelf as the market changes and the tech changes.

The hopper is about to become the secondary receiver. There is a new hopper about to release, so I would withhold to much judgement. It's not uncommon for tech companies to announce something and then put it back on the shelf as the market changes and the tech changes.

I call BS. Dish should just stop telling us what is coming to the current flagship receiver then. Are we even going to get the new UI before they shelf the current hopper? I know technology changes fast, but it gets tiresome having to update receivers all the time to get the new stuff. :(

What is there to call bull on? Again, this is common with tech as the market changes. If it doesn't make sense by the launch date, to do it, then you don't do it. They are a for profit business, and if it cuts into profits, you cut your losses. The point has been made multiple times about how many places these apps could be found. Wasting more money on them would not have the shareholders best interest which is what any board of directors primary concern is.

What is there to call bull on? Again, this is common with tech as the market changes. If it doesn't make sense by the launch date, to do it, then you don't do it. They are a for profit business, and if it cuts into profits, you cut your losses. The point has been made multiple times about how many places these apps could be found. Wasting more money on them would not have the shareholders best interest which is what any board of directors primary concern is.

Hey like you, I'm a Dish fanboy too. Have always loved their equipment. Does this mean I'm gonna have to upgrade receivers again sometime soon? Is the Hopper dead for getting any updates?

I have a feeling the Hopper will be the 722, and he new hopper will be the comparison to the hopper now. New one will likely cost more, but you can save money if you want less features with the HWS. That's my guess. As far as adding new features, keep in mind they did add VEVO and Netflix recently and is still the only STB to have Netflix from any major provider.

I have a feeling the Hopper will be the 722, and he new hopper will be the comparison to the hopper now. New one will likely cost more, but you can save money if you want less features with the HWS. That's my guess. As far as adding new features, keep in mind they did add VEVO and Netflix recently and is still the only STB to have Netflix from any major provider.
But let's reiterate...that's your GUESS. Some people take conjecture as scripture.

Absolutely nothing more than a guess. Considering none of us know anything as Dish is keeping this one under wraps, all we can do is guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts