Macbook model number?

avg1joe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Southern Maine
I have a dead macbook that I'd like to fix. I can't find a model # on it? It is white, says macbook near the screen. It has a rubbery bottom. It says rated 16.5v 3.65a IC 4324a-brcm1047 and the year 2009. The battery is not user removable. I don't see anything that looks like a model #. Any ideas how to find the specific model #?

Thank you for the links. I'd already been to both of those pages. There is no serial number printed on the outside of the laptop. The laptop isn't functional so I can't look it up on the screen.

If it shows 2009, A1342 seems correct. Looks like a late 2009 model, polycarbonate unibody.

If you can get your hands on a cheap mini displayport adapter you might find that it is just the display that is problematic.

This particular model has a problem with the backlight capacitors failing. In this case, the machine is fine but the display is not usable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for the advice. I have a fair amount of experience working on windows based machines, but almost none on apple gear. I just ordered the display adapter. Found one on ebay for $5. For that price it is worth just having one in my bag of tricks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)