New Macbook Pro M1 Pro 14"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I ordered a new macbook yesterday. After debating between the Macbook air M2 (which my wife has) and the 14" Macbook Pro with the M1 Pro chip, I opted for the Pro machine.

I was concerned about fan noise - and have really enjoyed using the fanless work-owned Macbook Pro M1, but really interested in the 14.2" screen, and the extra thunderbolt port and the HDMI and SD card port. I decided to try the Pro, and if it was too noisy I'd send it back.

I ordered it around 1pm yesterday. Apple shipped it from California within 2 hours and arrived here at 10am this morning. Practically instant gratification.

I've set it up, downloaded gigabytes of stuff, and run a lot of programs. I have never once heard the fan. It feels just like the M1 pro. But it definitely runs a bit warmer. The speakers are phenomenal, the Liquid Retina display is incredible, and running a HDR 4k movie just looks fantastic.

Oh, and the dreaded "notch"? It's a non-issue. has no impact at all on the machine. Even the program that I use that has a lot of menu itmes, they all fit.

Day 1 thought - this is a killer machine.

Reactions: Foxbat and dfergie
The audio quality on this device is phenomenal. Best sound I have ever heard from a computer. There are something like six speakers.

And there are cooling vents on both sides and the back. Has not gotten noticeably warm, and have yet to hear a fan.

The M1 and M2 line of processors are truly remarkable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts