Macroblocking

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any one else getting a lot of macroblocking on their HD channels? Seems to happen the most on locals.

Not sure it its related--- dish net customers reporting lots of macroblocking on ABC particularly HD feed for last two weeks from a number of markets including Portland, Seattle, Denver and I think SLC-- didn't hear much from east coast on the issue. Was bad for Greys A, Lost and a couple of other shows

My locals look better on Dish than Direct. Only complaint I have with Direct.

Ya not impressed with local quality. Looking forward to my AM21. D* carrys the NBC affiliate, the only channel I dont get via OTA. :up

Perhaps local quality will be improved witht he launch of D11.

Any one else getting a lot of macroblocking on their HD channels? Seems to happen the most on locals.

Sorry to be a "newbie" here...I have an idea of what you're talking about, but want to make sure. What exactly is "macroblocking"?

Problems I saw were on NBC during the Rangers Penguins game
NBC Sports + HD = Blockfest.

I love watching WWF in HD, but on USA HD it can look brutally ugly. When those fireworks and walkway introductions have some action in them it is almost unwatchable. When Randy Orton came out last night and it was a zoom in shot, his background lights were flashing and the blocking was so bad I honestly could not see him. I should have recorded it.

When I get my Blu Ray Player (PS3) I'm going to check out Wrestlemania in HD and see how much of the problem is on WWF's end vs USA's. I know those networks can achieve good quality, because they had "The Matrix" on Sci-Fi HD a while back and I was shocked at how good it looked. Almost no blocking even at the fast action scenes.

Really? I did countless comparisons between OTA and D* HD LIL and couldn't tell a difference.

I found OTA to be better, but not to the point where if my antenna broke that I'd be complaining about the quality. I use my antenna whenever I can just because I prefer the best picture possible, and typically my antenna will give me a consistently strong signal, although recently my ABC affiliate WTNH has been a pain in the ass to get a clean signal for. I need to shift around my entire antenna and mess up all my other channels. Only now am I being affected by this since the NBA Playoffs are on. If Satan (*cough* LIN) broadcasting would just cut a deal with D* all would be fine.

I just like having the option of both.

My local CBS from DirecTV over the Sat in HD get that macroblocking all the time. My ABC in HD does sometimes.

Using my DirecTV OTA turner it is OK. I think DirecTV has a quality control issue with the Local HDs, no one is watching them at there control center l like they do for the national channels.

I hear about these problems on several web sites for several cities.

Email your local station and directv is about all you can do

I wonder since it not an EVERONE issue if the certain locals have issues or have issues between them and DirecTV? I certainly have ZERO issues with it.

I tried recording Lost on ABC tonight, and all I got was a blank black image. This is the second week in a row that this has happened.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)