Macy's Channel where has it gone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I used to pick up the Macy's shopping channnel on 93.0W /Galaxy 25, but have noticed this week that it's gone. Has it dropped the feed due to tough economic times, or do I need to rescan to get it back on a new Tp?

I used to pick up the Macy's shopping channnel on 93.0W /Galaxy 25, but have noticed this week that it's gone. Has it dropped the feed due to tough economic times, or do I need to rescan to get it back on a new Tp?
I don't know the answer, however I'm curious....... was there anything ever on this channel other than the Macy's Slate??? Seemed like quite an expense to keep a satellite signal up there with nothing on it, although I never did look to see if they might have had data streams on the transponder.

I noticed it goes off the air late at night. Friday night I noticed it was gone but Saturday morning it was back

and yes they do show some programs on there. Few and far between but they are out there

I noticed it goes off the air late at night. Friday night I noticed it was gone but Saturday morning it was back

and yes they do show some programs on there. Few and far between but they are out there

Yes, the advertising programming was usually on only in the early morning at least from up here in Canada. I used it mainly as a reference to see if the Dish got to 93.0W - also the 3 Azteca Mexican type channels are still there. I'll check again, thanks for the replies.

was there anything ever on this channel other than the Macy's Slate???

apparently their in-store audio was carried on the mux, so at least the audio piped into the stores came from that signal, even if there was rarely any internal business tv to be viewed by employees.

holy crap there is actually programming on macys

some womens clothing line show

I have still yet to see anything on the channel other than a slate.
But this reminds me of a similar channel that use to be up on analog years ago. Back in the early 90's, there was a Safeway grocery store channel. I think usually it just had in store music and such, but they also sent monthly marketing plans down to the individual stores, which included info on what items would be on sale, even showed pictures of their newspaper flyers, and had lectures covering their plans to increase productivity of their stores. Ie, all info that would have been valuable to their competitors. At the time, my son worked for Safeway, so I recorded some of the monthly shows, and showed them to him. He asked up the chain, and was told that those broadcasts were "scrambled" and couldn't be received by anyone other than someone in the Safeway stores. In fact, however, they WEREN'T scrambled, but instead were using reversed video, which made the video LOOK scrambled. On the receiver that I was using at the time, it was relatively easy to reverse the video, and on subsequent receivers I've owned, there was actually a menu selection that does it. So basically ANYONE could have been watching their marketing meetings, and yet they were convinced that they were secure. Later that analog channel went away, and they eventually came up digital. I think they were usually scrambled on digital, but I ran into them FTA on several occasions, so I guess that they haven't learned.
Same thing with the Merrill Lynch broker company. They had a DCII channel up for years which was NOT SCRAMBLED, and they also had lectures and marketing meetings sent over the channel. I have a ML account, and it was interesting to watch one of their meetings where some guy at corporate would tell all the brokers to push such and such a stock, and then a day later I'd get a call from my broker pushing that stock. They too seemed to either encrypt or go to another mode, as I haven't seen them for several years.

Anyway, relative to this MACYs thing, I wonder if they THINK that their signal is "SECURE", and might be doing things similar to Safeway and ML?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts