Madden NFL 08 Reviews

The reviews, especially for the 360, have been really good. Teamxbox gave the gameplay a 9.8/10 which has almost sold me on the game. The major difference between ps3 and 360 is that ps3 runs at 30fps and 360 runs at 60fps.

Madden 08

They say the difference between the 60 fps vs. 30 fps are really seen during animations and tackling.
I haven't got the game yet, for 360, but it seems PS3 fans are disappointed across the board with 30 fps.

I like it, but am on a old console SD TV while I am traveling. Will be home and back on my Dell 24" LCD next week.

Looking forward to getting further into Superstar (already over a season in), and then diving into Franchise for a change of pace, and seeing how the player progression changed since that was retooled. Now older players wont just sit there at 99 OVR until they retire, they actually decline.

Fiancee keeps saying how awesome and real it looks... it was hard for me to play cause it looks so blurry.

Ya ive got half the achievements from this game just from controlling only a HB. Got a handful after my first game as only a DT too. Up over 500 now.

Completely done ever giving G4 a chance after X-Play gave it 3 stars for being the same game redressed for a new season. Most ignorant review i've ever probably heard. It docked it points for things like 'franchise mode and other features that should have been there last year'. They gave NCAA 4 out of 5 stars though, docking it points for 'not putting any refs on the field'

Last edited:
Got it for PS3, love it. Still don't consider it a 'Next Gen' game. Didn't WOW me like the graphics of NBA 2K7. Always seems like 2K is ahead of the curve on EA.
But this Madden runs allot smoother than last year. The transtition after plays to the pick a play screen and animation changing scenes is very seamless. So I'm not sure how 30fps effects the game. Anyone care to expand on that? I'm curious.

From everything I've read it is most noticable in the tackle animations and some general overal animation smoothness. The biggest improvement (and i hope this goes for all versions) is the disappearance of the load time/hesitation between plays, especially in Superstar mode where it used to take a few seconds everytime your team took the field so you could spend points to improve your teammates (or decrease the stats of your opponents with your influence).

Its not something that I would expect a PS3 user to see as a detriment unless they go back and forth between a 360 and PS3.

Picked this up for PSP since I already have NCAA for the PS3. This is my first PSP version of Madden, but I do have to say that the weapons ratings for certain players are nice.

From the PC version, I must admit I am impressed. I've always preferred the way the console versions flow, although I refuse to buy a next gen console. But it looks like 08 is the charm.

The gameplay speed is awesome and runs perfect like a console version. I have a AMD x2 4200+ with a now-modest Radeon x1900xtx 256meg. I saw the xbox 360 version I believe in walmart on display this weekend and it looks identical. So I think with game development for the 360, it seems to be rubbing off on the PC.

I couldn't be happier, PC version now has widescreen too just like 360.

Runs WAY better and smoother than 07 on the same pc. I recommend it for the PC.

i have it for ps3 and i like it, i dont pay attention to fps

the controller layout of ps3 is a big + for me

I have it for the 360 an my son bought it for the PS3... My son drools with envy when he sees the 360 version. Although, He can almost always kick my butt in anyone of the machines...

I hear a lot of people complaining about the turnovers being ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts