Made the jump- Anything I should know?? :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The non-promotional price for Choice Extra is $63.99/month plus $10 for HD (since you aren't eligible for free HD for life) plus $5 for the additional receiver plus $3 for Whole Home DVR Service. The first bills should be somewhere around $52.99/month, go up marginally in February or March 2011, and then jump up another $29/month in June 2011 to something upwards of $83/month.

Price protection only goes through the end of 2010.

If you want any of the HD Extra channels (Hallmark Movie Channel, HDNet Movie Channel, MGM, Universal HD, Smithsonian, Crime and Investigation HD or Palladia), up the toll by $4.99.

You can't have ON DEMAND on an h24 because it doesn't have a hard drive to store anything. It isn't an easy fix via software. :haha

I think you missed the rest of my message, or my point in general. I *CAN* watch On Demand on the H24 via the DECA Whole Home Networking *IF* I 'demand' it from the HR24 first. My suggestion was to simply be able to 'demand' it via the H24 to save to the HR24 and then be able to watch from the H24. This would be closer to a 'true' Whole Home DVR.

...And something that should be able to be implemented quick and easily via a software update.

The non-promotional price for Choice Extra is $63.99/month plus $10 for HD (since you aren't eligible for free HD for life) plus $5 for the additional receiver plus $3 for Whole Home DVR Service. The first bills should be somewhere around $52.99/month, go up marginally in February or March 2011, and then jump up another $29/month in June 2011 to something upwards of $83/month.

If you want any of the HD Extra channels (Hallmark Movie Channel, HDNet Movie Channel, MGM, Universal HD, Smithsonian, Crime and Investigation HD or Palladia), up the toll by $4.99.

If that was what you agreed to, great. The package I agreed to (and the rep confirmed, so this is what I *expect* to see on the bill) will take me to $49.99/mo for the first 12 months (to June 2011). Then I go to $62.99 for the next 7 months (to January 2012). Then the final five months at $71.99 (End of commitment in June 2012). This averages to the originally mentioned $58.08 monthly average over the 2 year term.

That will go down $8/mo if I choose to drop the 2nd reciever and Whole Home DVR service-- which is a distinct possibility given my setup at home.

Price protection only goes through the end of 2010..

really?

D* site says otherwise
You'll receive a monthly bill credit of $29 in your first year and a monthly bill credit of $14 in your second year. In order to receive the full $29 monthly credit in the first 12 months, just redeem your rebate online and sign up for DIRECTV emails. You'll need to provide a valid email address. Redeem your rebates by visiting directv.com/rebates. If you redeem prior to your installation, your rebate credits will begin with your first bill. Rebates submitted online after installation will take 6-8 weeks.

so new subs (like the OP) get $29 off for 12 months and $14 off for months 13-24

I was told the $14 was subject to credit approval. Not sure what that has to do with anything, but they checked while on the phone, and it was approved. :) So yes, the $14 was part of it.

And the AAA Discount gives the sub the full $20 referral bonus instead of a $10 bonus, and a $10 to someone else. :)

Nice to see AAA is still available to everyone (that is a NEW Sub) how about an offer like that for a existing sub.

I've had AAA for 30 years now, of course it wasn't available ( AAA program) when I signed up.

Another Direct TV post by Harsh and another one that is incorrect. Why don't you post in the forum that you have service with since you seem to know nothing about Direct TV.

Why don't you post in the forum that you have service with since you seem to know nothing about Direct TV.
At worst, I'm not much further off than those who do subscribe.

At least I show my math rather than making hit-and-run comments.

Further, my numbers will be correct for some subscribers.

plus $10 for HD (since you aren't eligible for free HD for life)

Oh hey! You can show the $10 HD for life for free credit in your work now! Called in yesterday and within 10 minutes got the credit for the full 24 month term, plus got a one-time $20 credit for paperless billing! (That will offset the original $21 shipping fee for equip... which is weird, but if that's how they spell it out upfront, so be it. Just weird since nothing was shipped to ME, installer brought everything.)

Monthly expected average? Now $48.08! W00t!

PS- It sounds like your griping about the HD Extra Channels. Doesn't Dish charge *$10* a month more for their extra HD channels? Platinum I think it is? Not that it's a bad deal for eitehr if you want those channels, just not sure why you seem so down on Directv.

PSS-So it doesn't appear I'm making Hit-and-run comments or being vague, the AAA discount does NOT give me a $20 month credit, it give me $10 a month for twice as long (20 months) as the typical referral deal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts