Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jamey K

Recovering Voomer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2005
West Texas
This is odd because it just started happening, but my D* HD/DVR has started muting during commericals!

Fine with me, but last night, it muted during the previews for next week's Deperate Housewives.

I'm not sure about every channel, but since last Thursday, it's done it on shows from CBS, NBC, and ABC. I'll find out tonight about Fox.

Anyone else have this happening?

I don't own a D* dvr or HDanything, but if I were to guess, it sounds like the commercials might switch to regular SD stereo (as opposed to HD dolby or whatever), and the sound is not passing through regular stereo, then when HD comes back the sound comes back, maybe you have it misconnected, or something in your audio gear or tv audio setup.

Maybe posting how you have everything hooked up (cable type for audio and video, if theres a home stereo setup in the mix, etc) someone here might see the issue.

EDIT: missed where you said it just started happening, in which case, check the cables (audio, hdmi, rca, etc, not the coax) for being loose, or damaged, if cables are fine, it may be a buggy/bad STB (did you try a hard reset/boot of the box?), or maybe even the TV or audio equipment (try a different TV?), in which case remove all extra stuff (home audio amp, etc), and try to see if you can get sound without some of the equipment in the mix, it could also be a local station issue, if it happens only on local HD chans (call the station and ask to speak with the engineer).

Hope that helps somehow, or maybe I just wasted your time. ;)

Last edited:
Jamey K said:
This is odd because it just started happening, but my D* HD/DVR has started muting during commericals!

Fine with me, but last night, it muted during the previews for next week's Deperate Housewives.

I'm not sure about every channel, but since last Thursday, it's done it on shows from CBS, NBC, and ABC. I'll find out tonight about Fox.

Anyone else have this happening?
where can i get one ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts