Major guide issues on one of two vip722 receivers

usmaak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
I got home tonight and turned on my downstairs receiver. It had no guide information available. So I did the standard check switch and let it download my guide info (appeared to be successful). Now sometimes it is showing guide info and sometimes not. Also, though all of my dish passes still show as set up, there are no episodes listed. I had to go in and set it up to record my wife's shows again. Now Dish Pass is showing multiple setups for Survivor and Big Brother. It is recording Survivor, but I just looked at the guide again, and it said that there was no info available. I rebooted the receiver and still have this problem.

I know that Dish had some issues with 129 today, but I can't see that being related to this. Any ideas on what could be causing it and what the fix might be?

I can go through troubleshooting with you to get this issue corrected. Please PM me your phone or account number and I would be more than happy to assist you.

Same on my 625 receiver. No guide, no "Schedule" on the DVR menu screens, etc. Let us know how it goes.

Due to last nights problems some customers were not able to download the program guide info last night. You could wait till it downloads tonight, or unplug the receiver for 10 seconds and plug back in to force a download. If that does not work the run a check switch test and that should fix it.

Check Switch populated the guide info for the next week. The DVR recording "schedule" info is still hosed, though. Just a few items do not say "info not available" for the next week. Still seems to be recording at the appropriate times even when it says "info not available"! -Jan

And the DVR recording "schedule" info repopulated during the night. Haven't had either of these happen to nearly this extent in the several years I've been with Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts