Major receiver problem - 222k

radiogorillaz

Original poster
May 17, 2011
Smyrna, GA
So last night I contacted technical support and was then transferred to Adv. Support. This is what I told them was the problem: Sunday morning I had to do a force reset of the reciever because the start-up process was frozen on the screen (green light only). It restarted, went to the check signal screen which "should take less than 5 min," then it goes to the next screen and attempts to download the program schedule. This may have failed once or twice with it's own reset initiated without my help.

It finally got working and we watched TV for a bit, not sure how long, then the picture froze and it restarted itself. We gave up and went about our day. Sunday night, same problem. Monday morning had to reset and restart the device a couple of times before it went through the other two downloading screens. The rest of the day I left the reciever unplugged because it was not in use. Monday night, plugged it back in and the receiver took forever to get through its start up process. Twice we had video and audio for 5-10 min, then it would freeze. Restart all over again. Then eventually it would not get past the start up screen.

I called and talked to DishNetwork and the woman from Adv. Support asked me to hit the reset button and it finally went through the restart process. She asked me to hit 6-1-1 and this took us to the satellite info screen (not sure of actual name). I had a signal level of 54-57 from satellite 72.6. So we switched to 77 and it was at a steady 55. She was unsure if there was a receiver or alignment issue. I passed on t he $6 a month whatever it's called for a free tech to come out. Got confused by her and thought she was sending on out anyways and that I'd just pay a one time fix fee. I'm now am convinced it's a receiver issue since it's still frozen on the start up screen no matter if I hit reset or unplug it. This has been frozen now for about 4-5 hrs.

Need to backtrack a second, I forgot to mention this. Monday night I was staying up to baby sit the device and then this screen appeared:
View attachment 65744
It took forever to get past the first bar then finally downloaded. It restarted and froze right away again.

I wanted to post this and see what responses I got, but I plan on call Dish again.

–Nate

Now I have just a blank screen after having it unplugged for a couple hours.

I think both you guys are right. I called Dish and they are sending a technician instead of a receiver even though it is most likely just the receiver.

Well, now I'm signed up here. Visited many times. Hopefully I learn even more when I'm able to contribute.

It definitely sounds like a receiver issue. Chances are the tech will replace the receiver, but if you have any problems, feel free to PM me and I'll make sure we get you taken care of

It definitely sounds like a receiver issue. Chances are the tech will replace the receiver, but if you have any problems, feel free to PM me and I'll make sure we get you taken care of

Thank you Matt. I'll let you know if I have any additional problems with this. The tech is coming out tomorrow morning between 8 and 12 so it'll be an early day for me tomorrow ;-)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts