Makes No Sense...

Dgenx321

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Calcutta, Ohio
Sirius and XM had over a year to get this merger right and they've managed to screw it up.

I just bought a Pontiac G6 with XM, I've had Sirius for 3 years.

So I wanted to add my Car to my Sirius account. Nope can't do it.

Nice way to drop the ball.

They are still operating like two separate companies.

I canceled on Sirius Radio today since XM has the Best of Sirius for $4 since the only channel on Sirius I listen to at work is the Howard Stern Channels.

I was told by Sirius that I would be better of sticking with Sirius and getting rid of XM. Why compete, they are the same company now.

It can't be that hard to open up accounts to both sides.

They had what 12-14 months to think about it??

So I guess in Dec when my annual sub is up Ill just dump Sirius for XM.

Never thought I'd have to do that again. lol

They are still operating like two separate companies.

I canceled on Sirius Radio today since XM has the Best of Sirius for $4 since the only channel on Sirius I listen to at work is the Howard Stern Channels.

I was told by Sirius that I would be better of sticking with Sirius and getting rid of XM. Why compete, they are the same company now.
Why would you go from just having Sirius at $13/month to going to XM + BoS for $17? What does XM have for you that Sirius doesn't?

They also had a year to let a lot of people with OEM sirius radios know they wouldn't be able to sub to best of XM and didn't. This whole thing is a freaking cluster F

Why would you go from just having Sirius at $13/month to going to XM + BoS for $17? What does XM have for you that Sirius doesn't?

Baseball which I assume is important to him as a red sox fan, some people think better music, a lot of people enjoy Opie and Anthony. And if all he listens to on Sirius is stern and he already has XM why not just pay the extra $4 bucks especially since if I remeber correctly it was already built into his truck.

Yeah.. I think that's what he was trying to say... He must have had both Sirius and XM and dropped Sirius to go with only XM with BOS.

That's my situation as well... I will probably drop Sirius and keep only XM w/BOS. The only thing holding me back is that I have the Stiletto which is a portable unit for Sirius, and can record/rewind. I will probably miss that.. but can also live without it... I guess. I'll survive with my XM factory unit.

Without knowing how the economic crisis will turn out these days... I think it's important to cut out any unnecessary expenses.

Yeah.. I think that's what he was trying to say... He must have had both Sirius and XM and dropped Sirius to go with only XM with BOS.

That's my situation as well... I will probably drop Sirius and keep only XM w/BOS. The only thing holding me back is that I have the Stiletto which is a portable unit for Sirius, and can record/rewind. I will probably miss that.. but can also live without it... I guess. I'll survive with my XM factory unit.

Without knowing how the economic crisis will turn out these days... I think it's important to cut out any unnecessary expenses.

Right now if you had to make a choice it seems XM with best of Sirius is the way to go. You get pretty much everything that is desirable on Sirius minus the music which is all going to be the same soon anyway. Plus XM has that new portable coming out that can record 5 channels at once.

Sirius and XM had over a year to get this merger right and they've managed to screw it up.

I just bought a Pontiac G6 with XM, I've had Sirius for 3 years.

So I wanted to add my Car to my Sirius account. Nope can't do it.

Nice way to drop the ball.

Could it be that the particular radio in that car cannot process the Sirius signal? XM & Sirius use different methods, they're not like different FM stations.

Could it be that the particular radio in that car cannot process the Sirius signal? XM & Sirius use different methods, they're not like different FM stations.

I think he is referring to being able to have a Sirius radio and an xm radio and being able to pay the family plan price for one of them so $12.99 for one and $6.99 for the other. Instead of paying $12.99 each right now.

I'd like to do the same. We have my wife's car that has Sirius and my truck that has XM. I'd love to add my truck's XM to my Sirius account but can't.

I have a 2008 Pontiac G6.

Im pretty sure it is new enough to get everything...

I just cant believe that SiriusXM dropped the ball like this...

So, before they actually had sanctions to merge you think they should have made radios that would work with two different schemes?