Mancow pulled from Q101, Do you think his next step will be sat radio?

goaliebob99

goaliebob99

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
14,482
518
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
here is the press release.... the title says it all :)

source http://www.q101.com/mancow/index.aspx


CHICAGO – Marv Nyren, vice president and general manager of Emmis Radio Chicago, today announced that Q101 (WKQX-FM), Chicago’s alternative rock station, is making significant changes to the station’s weekday morning programming. Since changing the station’s music to encompass “Everything Alternative” and putting it all “On Shuffle,” the station has been attracting a growing audience that is demographically broader than the station had been previously. Now Q101 and Program Director Mike Stern are developing an unconventional morning show that is designed to appeal to this wider demographic. The target launch date for the new morning show is September 18. Additional details about the show will be released at a later date.

Mancow’s Morning Madhouse, which has aired on Q101 since 1998, will continue to be heard on the station until Friday, July 14. Then, beginning Monday, July 17, Q101 will kick off the “Summer of Shuffle.” Listeners will enjoy a summer of music intensive programming in the morning that will match Q101’s “on shuffle” programming the rest of the day, which has been increasingly popular since its debut April 1, 2005. Chicago Alternative Music Expert James Van Osdol will host this show, which will include brief news, traffic and sports reports.

“It’s an exciting time here at Q101,” said Nyren. “‘Q101 on Shuffle’ – which represents 85 percent of our weekly programming – has proven to be incredibly popular with our listenership, which primarily is composed of individuals within the 18-49 demographic. In light of this, we’ve decided that the time has come for us to develop a morning show that will better serve the needs and sensibilities of this audience. These changes will provide our core listeners with a format that they can enjoy continuously, all day, every day.”

“Mancow has been an enormous asset to Q101, and we’re grateful to him for his eight great years at the station,” added Mike Stern, vice president of programming for Emmis Radio Chicago. “Mancow is a tremendous talent, and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors. While we are sad to part ways, for Q101 to continue to grow and expand our audience, we realize that it’s important for us to provide listeners with a morning show with broader appeal that better fits the tone of the rest of the station’s programming. We believe we have that show and will be excited to bring it to Chicago this fall.”

Emmis Communications – Great Media. Great People. Great Service. ®

Emmis Communications is an Indianapolis-based diversified media firm with radio broadcasting, television broadcasting and magazine publishing operations. Emmis owns 22 FM and two AM domestic radio stations serving the nation’s largest markets of New York, Los Angeles and Chicago as well as St. Louis, Austin, Indianapolis and Terre Haute, Ind. In addition, Emmis owns a radio network, international radio interests, three television stations, award-winning regional and specialty magazines, and ancillary businesses in broadcast sales and publishing. In May 2006, the company announced that it had agreed to sell Phoenix radio station KKFR-FM, subject to FCC and other regulatory approvals. In May 2005, Emmis announced its intent to seek strategic alternatives for its 16 television stations, and the company has sold or announced signed definitive agreements to sell 14 of them.

For more information, visit Q101.com​
s.gif
© 2006 Q101.com
 
goaliebob99

goaliebob99

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
14,482
518
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Im hearing roomers that he will announce on friday that he will be going to xm, no idea on how strong these roomers are allthough it is pure specelation.
 
minorthr

minorthr

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Jun 8, 2004
1,123
1
earth
goaliebob99 said:
Im hearing roomers that he will announce on friday that he will be going to xm, no idea on how strong these roomers are allthough it is pure specelation.


I'll bet it doesnt happen and he ends up with Howard at Sirius kissing his ass so he can have a job.
 
BFG

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
8,207
0
Orlando
No room for him on Sirius. Don't need that copy cat crap here, It's bad enough we have bubba, I hope he gets terminated soon, I'm pretty sure his contract won't be renewed at least. Howard only please :)
 
Sirius_Rich

Sirius_Rich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2004
673
0
Houston
I look forward to Bubba. He is the Stern of the South, lol.
 
Shawn95GT

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
2,278
1
Phoenix, AZ
I'm not a fan of Bubba's but he seems to have a following. He stays on 101 so it's fine with me ;). I listen to Riley Martin more than I do Bubba.
 
Sirius_Rich

Sirius_Rich

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2004
673
0
Houston
Shawn95GT said:
I'm not a fan of Bubba's but he seems to have a following. He stays on 101 so it's fine with me ;). I listen to Riley Martin more than I do Bubba.


Yes he does. With a week's notice, 400-500 people drove, hitch hiked or flew to Vegas for the Bubba 2 hour (that ran over 4 hours) Meet and Greet. There is a video on the net catching the line waiting to get in and inside the room where Bubba et al were greeting people.

http://media.putfile.com/Bubba-Meet-and-Greet-Las-Vegas
 
G

GB33

SatelliteGuys Family
Jun 15, 2006
99
0
Indianapolis
I liked Mancow quite a bit when I was living in Milwaukee. Also has somewhat "right" views on things.
 
D

daver40

Member
Jul 20, 2006
10
0
I'm not sure where he would fit on XM. O&A can't stand him, so he won't go on 202.
 
Hart5150

Hart5150

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 27, 2004
3,271
156
Temple, Pa
minorthr said:
I'll bet it doesnt happen and he ends up with Howard at Sirius kissing his ass so he can have a job.

IMO, I find MANCOW to be funnier and smarter than Howard.

I hope he does show up on either satellite service.
 
grüpsaar

grüpsaar

New Member
Jul 24, 2006
2
0
Well, the way Mancow has been talking, he sounds like hes ready to stick on FM and 'conquer' it in Chicago yet, depsite being fired. He's trying to make it out like a good thing being taken off o his station, and given Howards pst tak about mancow and how he'd like to 'make love' to mancows dead fathers skull, It's doubtful he'd join up. Then agian, bubba and Howard had battles in the past, however this one seems too fresh in everyones minds to let it happen and not be talked about. Also, mancow has always expressed hatred towards Howard, as he sent him a box of human feces. Of course, an intern opened it, and thats what led to howards threat about mancows father, so...

Anyways, my stance on it all is a simple no. I don't see Mancow showing up on H101 anytime soon. He'll find another FM station someplace if anything.
 
Krapola

Krapola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
214
0
Fairfield, Cali
grüpsaar said:
Well, the way Mancow has been talking, he sounds like hes ready to stick on FM and 'conquer' it in Chicago yet, depsite being fired. He's trying to make it out like a good thing being taken off o his station, and given Howards pst tak about mancow and how he'd like to 'make love' to mancows dead fathers skull, It's doubtful he'd join up. Then agian, bubba and Howard had battles in the past, however this one seems too fresh in everyones minds to let it happen and not be talked about. Also, mancow has always expressed hatred towards Howard, as he sent him a box of human feces. Of course, an intern opened it, and thats what led to howards threat about mancows father, so...

Anyways, my stance on it all is a simple no. I don't see Mancow showing up on H101 anytime soon. He'll find another FM station someplace if anything.

Howard does not repeat the programs...mancow is a repeat wanabee...no show on 100/101....
 
digiblur

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
14,190
4
Louisiana
Sirius_Rich said:
Yes he does. With a week's notice, 400-500 people drove, hitch hiked or flew to Vegas for the Bubba 2 hour (that ran over 4 hours) Meet and Greet. There is a video on the net catching the line waiting to get in and inside the room where Bubba et al were greeting people.

http://media.putfile.com/Bubba-Meet-and-Greet-Las-Vegas

I should be a salesman for Sirius and Bubba....I've gotten 2 or 3 people in the last month to sign up to Sirius just from the listening to Bubba while they are riding with me.
 
Krapola

Krapola

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 10, 2006
214
0
Fairfield, Cali
digiblur said:
I should be a salesman for Sirius and Bubba....I've gotten 2 or 3 people in the last month to sign up to Sirius just from the listening to Bubba while they are riding with me.

I just seems to work that way with Sirius....I have had a simular experience....I think the programming with Sirius sells itself....
 
goaliebob99

goaliebob99

Thread Starter
SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
14,482
518
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
grüpsaar said:
Well, the way Mancow has been talking, he sounds like hes ready to stick on FM and 'conquer' it in Chicago yet, depsite being fired. He's trying to make it out like a good thing being taken off o his station, and given Howards pst tak about mancow and how he'd like to 'make love' to mancows dead fathers skull, It's doubtful he'd join up. Then agian, bubba and Howard had battles in the past, however this one seems too fresh in everyones minds to let it happen and not be talked about. Also, mancow has always expressed hatred towards Howard, as he sent him a box of human feces. Of course, an intern opened it, and thats what led to howards threat about mancows father, so...

Anyways, my stance on it all is a simple no. I don't see Mancow showing up on H101 anytime soon. He'll find another FM station someplace if anything.


Roomer has it is if he does stay on chicago, he will end up on 99.9 (on the web at weplayanything.com) The only thing good about this station is saturday nights. If he does end up on 99.9, and 92.7/5 (three frequancys that play the same station to get full coverage over the entire chicago and suburbs) it would be bad ass for me as i live less than a half mile from 99.9's tower and mancow would be in full blown stereo here. I can pick up this station with out the need of an antenna as the signal blows out everything here.
 

Similar threads

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts

Top