Manhattan Version 3.9 software uploaded to moderation queue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brentb636

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
5 miles N of Saugatuck, Mi
Jeff Schumann sent me the version 3.9 software, which allows the deletion of all the channels on a single satellite. I haven't figured out how to do it yet, though :)
The file has been uploaded to the moderation queue. Make sure to back up your current config and firmware before playing around. :)

Thanks Brent, I'll be trying it soon as the mods wake up and come in.
Are there any other fixes or additional features listed, or do we have to discover them ourselves?

Jeff Schumann sent me the version 3.9 software, which allows the deletion of all the channels on a single satellite. I haven't figured out how to do it yet, though :)
The file has been uploaded to the moderation queue. Make sure to back up your current config and firmware before playing around. :)
Go into the Sat List. The channel delete feature is located there. (yellow button if I remember correctly???) Have a great day!

Thanks Brent, I'll be trying it soon as the mods wake up and come in.
Are there any other fixes or additional features listed, or do we have to discover them ourselves?

Beats me if anything else is in this version. I just don't know. Jeff writes that early in the New Year some more changes will be coming, "In regards to your remote. The sw engineer indicates he will have 4 codes to
use sw for your after the new year.
We will also have some updates for changing the sw to simple from advance. "
I have asked for other remote codes to be implemented, so I can use both Manhattan's at once , without the remotes activating the other box. Hopefully, that's coming soon ! :)

Go into the Sat List. The channel delete feature is located there. (yellow button if I remember correctly???) Have a great day!

yeah too bad you have to sort through the sat list to get to it. SO if I'm on 91W and want to remove all channels from a "power scanning weekend" of college games I have to hit sat list, scroll to 91W then hit yellow button. I guess if you're motorized its worth it but for me who in essence "slaves it"...delete all channels works just as good :)

Beats me if anything else is in this version. I just don't know. Jeff writes that early in the New Year some more changes will be coming, "In regards to your remote. The sw engineer indicates he will have 4 codes to
use sw for your after the new year.

maybe one of those remote changes can fix the issue with older Plasmas supposedly sending out interference to the remote sensor. Basically my MH has to be about a foot to 18" away from the TV to work somewhat properly....and thats even touchy

Well I'm off to a bad start on this.

I was at ver 3.2
exported my user file
uploaded new ver 3.9
re-boot by itself
everything looks ok, I see the original CW channels
up loaded my user file, re-boot again
I see my sats and channels.
But the receiver re-boots when the "moving dish" message drops off.

EDIT: OK, it's not actually re-booting, but complete loss of video and audio. The tv does the same as when the receiver is shut off, displays no signal.

Now I found if you just sit at that screen, anywhere from 1-5 minutes picture and sound come back by themselves.
Does this every time I change channels.

Last edited:
Have you guys added a sort feature in the channel list yet? so we can select channels to be listed by transponder or by polarity, h/v or v/h, so when I rescan h then v I can resort to have all my stuff in order, I always have my h then v on all sats, I use a feed with lnb's.

Well I'm off to a bad start on this.
uploaded new ver 3.9
re-boot by itself
up loaded my user file, re-boot again
I see my sats and channels.
But the receiver re-boots when the "moving dish" message drops off

Well I found I had left the thumb drive in the back of the receiver. Doesn't seem that should matter but when I pulled it out It quit this blackout thing. Hmmnn...

Can someone direct us to one of the threads that talks about how to back up your files and channels?

Also when this new version is loaded, does it keep the channals or do you have to restore them

I wish Jeff would update the manual soon.

Thanks a lot

well I found one yucky on the new software

If you are playing back a file from the DVR and hit info the info bar shows what channel you are on, then hit info again to see the file name you're recording (and how far you are in the program), 3rd info shows the DVR list. That 1st one never showed up before

old way
info once..."FSSN-UND" and how long I am in the program
info twice shows the list of programs on the hard drive

new way
info once...University Network
info twice.."FSSN-UND" and how long I am in the program
info three times shows the list of programs on the hard drive

I'm still finding that when a HDD is plugged in you loose the detailed ch info from the "info" button in trade for recording info even if you are not recording.

Yes, turning off time shift works, and at least saves you from un-plugging all the time. But I would take advantage of time shift more often than just a hard time recording. It's those un-expected times when you want to back something up and see it again, or pause for a minute that time shift is great to have. But I also use channel detailed info often. I'd like to have both if I could.
I can on my OpenBox.

Thanks guys on the information. I will have the corrections made.

Brent in regards to codes, we can implement four different remote codes for your use.

Ice, we are implementing a sensor tape for the IF remote use. We have found a couple issues when people are using plasmas that is causes problems.
Reason is that we are using maximum range on the remote and people like this. But with some Plasmas this may create an interference. We have had no issues with CRT, LED and LCC TV's.

Let me know folks if there anything else you want to see implemented.

The advance and simple sw update will be on our next shipment in 2012. We are working with the Beta people that will determine what people want on each set-up.

Sorry for being away for so long. I have never gone through so many passing’s (deaths), accidents, illnesses in this last month. Just part of life we all have to deal with.

I hope everyone has a joyous Holiday Season and a prosperous New Year!

Sincerely,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-digital

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts