Manny's Gone

If that's the case, don't you think there would have been a massive education campaign by the player's union informing its members not to take certain allergy medications?
its common knowlegde and a common excuse. No need for a maasive program. I hear the allergy medication excuse all the time when these stories come out.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4148907"]Manny Ramirez of Los Angeles Dodgers will serve 50-game suspension for drug violation - ESPN[/ame]

two sources told ESPN's T.J. Quinn and Mark Fainaru-Wada that the drug used by Ramirez is HCG -- human chorionic gonadotropin. HCG is a women's fertility drug typically used by steroid users to restart their body's natural testosterone production as they come off a steroid cycle. It is similar to Clomid, the drug Bonds, Giambi and others used as clients of BALCO

Apparently the drug is prescribed to men who have decreasing testosterone production, it causes men to "restart" testosterone production...to counteract the female hormone.
Low testosterone would be a "underlying cause" for E.D..

No connection? Wanna Bet?:)

So you ARE CONFIMING IF you HAPPEN to bank in the same bank a terrorist banks.....YOUR are terrorist? IS THAT what you are saying.....??!!

That is the equivalent of saying EVERYONE that is poor....is also a criminal....!

That is not painting with a broad brush....that is a spray painting gun 2 miles wide...:rolleyes:

With all that is happening with Sosa, McGuire, Canseco, Palmiero, Bonds, Rodriguez, Ramirez, Clemens and any other that I cannot think of right now does anybody else think it would be a good time to revisit the banning of Pete Rose? I am really not a huge of Pete's but he did not bet against his team. His acheivements were earned on talent alone, not chemically induced. At least I hope that is true. I know and understand why MLB has concerns about gambling but there was never any indication that Pete's weakness hampered his play and his desire to win. I realize some of the names above have not been proven to be abusers but they have been a topic of unpleasant discussions. Substance abuse damages even those that are innocent. It makes you wonder about any muscular player. I was going to give some examples but I don't want people to start accusing them or me of doing or knowing something. I am just frustrated about what is happening to the game I love. Love to read your thoughts

Sorry I posted this somewhere else. Should have been here.

So you ARE CONFIMING IF you HAPPEN to bank in the same bank a terrorist banks.....YOUR are terrorist? IS THAT what you are saying.....??!!

That is the equivalent of saying EVERYONE that is poor....is also a criminal....!

That is not painting with a broad brush....that is a spray painting gun 2 miles wide...:rolleyes:

Ok, Manny and Arod have no connection. Happy?:rolleyes:

Well, Manny has a way out of this . They said that he was given a list of things to read about what was banned. I don't think Manny can read.

The Dodgers just released an official statement regarding the Manny Ramirez suspension. Manager Joe Torre will address the media at 4:30 p.m.
STATEMENT FROM THE LOS ANGELES DODGERS
LOS ANGELES, CA – Los Angeles Dodgers CEO Jamie McCourt issued the following statement in reaction to today’s statements from Major League Baseball, the Major League Baseball Players Association, and Manny Ramirez.
“We share the disappointment felt by our fans, our players, and every member of our organization. We support the policies of Major League Baseball, and we will welcome Manny back upon his return.”

Funny, but a cheap publicity stunt. I don't think the Dodgers would be too fond of Manny went up North to play.

He will be playing in the Dodger's minor league for sure. Restricted status don't count in that level.

What I find crazy is how it starts of as "Manny suspended for an illegal substance". You don't know what to think. THEN, its "Manny suspended for a PED"...NOW your thinking, ok, HOW stupid can a guy be with all the drug testing going on. THEN you hear, "it was a perscription that a doctor gave him thinking it was not on the banned list for a personal medical issue"...NOW you are thinking, ok, he has "man issues" and you are wondering WHY is this banned and why does anyone care if he as "man issues"??!! And FINALLY, it is a "female fertility drug sometimes used to help start up testosterone levels when you are coming off a steroids of some kind" ..... How can he pass 15 drug test in the last few years FOR PEDs and then get nailed for this..??!! This does not make ANY SENSE!!

I wanna hear from the doctor. IF he is LYING, take away his licence to practice and jail his a$$ because he is now peddling an illegal substance and there is NO REASON for a perscription. IF he is not lying, there MUST be a medical reason TO perscribe this drug and I wanna know what it is....I mean is Manny having problems ovulating? Is his breast not producing enough milk?

This is the issue I have with the media. Leaking out bits of information where there NO CLEAR knowledge of whats going on. You never really know what happens until ALL INFORMATION is given. Just like the so-called "104 or so players that tested positive for PEDs". Either give us ALL the info IN ONE SHOT, or shut the f*** up until you have it all!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I wanna hear from the doctor. IF he is LYING, take away his licence to practice and jail his a$$ because he is now peddling an illegal substance and there is NO REASON for a perscription. IF he is not lying, there MUST be a medical reason TO perscribe this drug and I wanna know what it is....I mean is Manny having problems ovulating? Is his breast not producing enough milk?

This is the issue I have with the media. Leaking out bits of information where there NO CLEAR knowledge of whats going on. You never really know what happens until ALL INFORMATION is given. Just like the so-called "104 or so players that tested positive for PEDs". Either give us ALL the info IN ONE SHOT, or shut the f*** up until you have it all!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Lol! Lol! Lol! Havn't you heard? He's pregnant! hCG is the chemical that is released when a woman gets pregnant. I wonder if he was busted after they made him take a pregnancy test? :) :) :)

According to ESPN, if he was having a medical issue, he could have gotten an exemption from MLB and been allowed to take the drug. I have no idea how (and if) he passed all of those drug tests, but you gotta think taking the hCG was steroid related....it's the only reason I've heard of that a man would take that drug.

Interesting.....from Bob Ryan of the Boston Globe:

Be careful. Manny could be telling the truth.

If any baseball superstar is capable of taking a medication in all innocence, and then finding out that something in it is included on Major League Baseball's banned list of substances, it is Manny Ramírez. It certainly fits the profile.

After all, who should know better than us?

If there's a profile of a banned substance abuser - and I'm not sure there is - Manny does not fit it. Sudden change in body configuration? Nope. Big surge in power output? Nope. Manny never even hit 50. He did have a homer jump from 26 in 1997 to 45 in 1998, but that was after hitting 31 in 1995 and 33 in 1996. He was a maturing young slugger; that's all. I think.

But Manny has otherwise been a consistent power hitter for the last dozen years. There have been no red flags.

It's very easy, and logical, to accept the idea that Manny has just messed up. Consider that the reason pitcher J.C. Romero is currently serving his 50-game suspension for use of a banned substance is that he swears he had absolutely no reason to think there was anything sinister in what he was given. J.C. sure wasn't getting by on his heat. I'm inclined to believe him.

If Manny is lying, and we discover that he's been juiced for a long time, the ramifications for Boston and the Red Sox are enormous. He was a major part of what went on in 2004 and 2007. He was, after all, the MVP of the 2004 World Series. Any implication that a juiced Manny helped end the 86 years of misery and trauma would not be good.

If Manny is telling the truth, shouldn't it be easy to prove? There would be some kind of doctor's record, correct? We really should be able to get to the bottom of it, correct? This doesn't mean that if Manny has indeed innocently ingested a no-no product he shouldn't do the time. Players are ultimately responsible for what goes into their bodies, and they all have to know the rules. But if that really is what happened, at least we can breathe the big sigh of relief and go back to focusing our wrath on real cheaters, like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens.

Anyway, we tried to tell you folks in LA that you didn't just get yourself a great slugger. You got yourself a 24/7/365 reality production entitled, "The Manny Ramírez Show," produced, directed, written by, and starring Manny Ramírez. This is a man around whom things just seem to, well, happen.

As for the baseball itself, the Dodgers will still be in the race when he returns and it seems to me that a two-month Mannywood season worked out well for everyone concerned last year.

P.S. Hey, A-Rod, don't think this means we won't be keeping an eye on you.

Being Manny, he may not have known - The Boston Globe

Who's next, Albert Pujols and Ken Griffey Jr.? Is there anyone legit anymore? Seriously, all of the top power hitters of the last decade have been exposed except Pujols and Griffey Jr.

FanArchy Premiers June 7 on Versus

FSN Pittsburgh Cancels SportsBeat...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)