Manual recording

DetFan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2006
Livonia, Michigan
Can anyone tell me how to set up a manual recording on a recurring time? I cannot seem to find it or it just doesn't exist anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No manual timers can be set from the Hopper/Joey. I tried setting one from Dish Remote Access on my iPhone but it would not go through. I haven't tried again since I tried a couple days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Kinda weird that they didn't fix that from the 922. I will miss this ability once I upgrade from my 722Ks to 2H/2J (within the next three weeks.)

One of the reasons I won't upgrade to the hopper if they don't change it quickly: Manual timers. Need them and I use them every week.

Was there a work-around with the 922? (so might be with the Hopper) I too depend on manual timers sometimes especially for recording in the future beyond the guide.

The only way to create manual timers on the 922 was through dishonline or dish remote access. I don't think that is a viable option on the hopper.

I'm begging a Dish engineer to post why the Hopper/922 has no manual timers on the receiver......

MikeD-C05 said:
One of the reasons I won't upgrade to the hopper if they don't change it quickly: Manual timers. Need them and I use them every week.

Amen, brother!

Missing manual timers from the STB, OTA support and seamless Hopper integration are keeping me on hold. And allowing 2 Hopper 0 Joey installations would be real nice too.

Tampa8 said:
I'm begging a Dish engineer to post why the Hopper/922 has no manual timers on the receiver......

And "when/if" they might ever show up. Sigh.

I use manual timers mostly, but not entirely, for OTA. And since I'll have to accept satellite locals if I change equipment, it may not matter so much. But OTA sure looks a lot better.

Dish Online sure needs a little TLC.

Amen, brother!

Missing manual timers from the STB, OTA support and seamless Hopper integration are keeping me on hold. And allowing 2 Hopper 0 Joey installations would be real nice too.

It feels good to know that I am not one of the early adopters of this new technology for once. But I am hoping it does become a great receiver ,because the concept sounds really good. But till it does all that its supposed to and functions right, I'll stick to my 722k with dual ota tuners , and manual timers as well as Dishpass timers too.

Any update on the manual recording capability?

I ordered my Hopper/Joey setup for next week.. am overly concerned that I won't be able to record my favorite shows on the Sirius music channels. When OTA is enabled, I want to be able to record a lot of foreign sub-channels that don't have Guide information manually.

Yep. Still not here.

And no hint as to if it will ever arrive. I'm hoping that when the OTA module comes out, they will allow for manual timers thru the STB.

The features that I miss most on my 722K is

1. Manual timer
2. Rename DVR contents.

I do watch lot of international programs and their guide is pretty messed up. Movie slots in the guide are labelled as "Movie". I have around 20 DVR recording under MOVIE, I have to play them to find out which movie it is.

Can one of the DIRT team members put in a request for this enhancement on the Hopper? I also use manual timers frequently.

Not just international OTA channels but also recording radio shows on the Sirius channel.

In fact, I just canceled my Hopper/Joey 'upgrade' after I realized (too late) that manual recording is not possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts