Manual timers on 922 - more or less

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kwindrem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 5, 2006
I have found a way to set something that comes close to a manual timer from the 922 menus:

In the process of editing a timer, you have options under "Episodes" that simulate a manual timer. The choices are: Daily, Mon-Fri and Weekly.

If you select one of these, events are created based on the start/end of the selected program but with the frequency selected. But because the name doesn't match the original, the events must be individually unskipped in the Daily Schedule.

You also have the option of extending start and end times.

It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

The "manual timer" mechanism on Dish Online and Dish Remote Access create the same timer and require events to be unskipped in the Daily Schedule as well. You'll need to do this on a regular basis. New programs appear in the schedule will be skipped until you manually unskip them.

As mentioned elsewhere, Dish Remote Access also allows creation of Dish Pass (aka All Channels) timers. Dish Online does not, and you can't set them from the receiver.

I rather prefer to use DRA on my iphone to set a manual timer. i've gotten used to restoring those events a week ahead while i am watching the current weeks shows that i am recording. thursday is the only day it affects me with shows on NBC and CBS that i set a two hour block to catch all in a row. but if it works for you, go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts