MANY HD CHANNELS GONE ON 72 WEST?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I know the idea that they are making room for 4k has been mentioned any other ideas why so much now off 72?

Reactions: TheKrell
I think Scott means the channel that used to be Universal - the Olympics Channel that was launched in mid July?? At least that is how I read that!

Reactions: Bobby
Maybe Dish wants to cut down on the rental checks they send Telesat Canada for the NIMIQ 5 lease?

I forget which one, Dish or Echostar, either way, they lease the whole satellite, so it doesn't matter how many transponders they use. It is a long term lease for the life of the bird.

Reactions: JSheridan
If you are going to do copy and paste from James Longs website, you should acknowledge where it came from. It's common courtesy. We have bluegras trained to do it! :)
You mean you wanted me to make that post even longer? ;)

At least I reduced the font size to make it shorter to scroll through all of the changes.

I know the idea that they are making room for 4k has been mentioned any other ideas why so much now off 72?
I forget which one, Dish or Echostar, either way, they lease the whole satellite, so it doesn't matter how many transponders they use. It is a long term lease for the life of the bird.
Maybe Dish knows that there is not much life left in that bird?

Maybe Dish knows that there is not much life left in that bird?

Nimiq 5 has only been in service for nearly 8 years of its 15 year design life. It was launched in September of 2009, probably went into service about the first part of 2010. It has many years of service left, unless there has been an unreported anomaly for some reason.
I believe that Echostar/Dish and Telesat Canada would have to report an anomaly. Telesat is technically a private company, but is 62.5% owned by Loral, so I would expect that Loral would have to issue a release if there were trouble. Certainly, Echostar/Dish would as it could negatively affect operations.

Reactions: JSheridan
Yes the Olympic Channel is coming by the end of the month, don't know any details on it though, its its HD or 4K (or both)

With that said people I have been talking to at DISH understand that we have the best receivers on the market and nothing in 4K to watch on them. From what I hear they want to change that. What that means... I don't know. ;)

Yes the Olympic Channel is coming by the end of the month, don't know any details on it though, its its HD or 4K (or both)

With that said people I have been talking to at DISH understand that we have the best receivers on the market and nothing in 4K to watch on them. From what I hear they want to change that. What that means... I don't know. ;)
Dish will no longer have the best receivers on the market? ;):D

Reactions: TheKrell

I would like to know if those channels that moved to 61.5 will be moved to 72 in 4k

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)