MANY HD CHANNELS GONE ON 72 WEST?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would like to know if those channels that moved to 61.5 will be moved to 72 in 4k

None of those channels are even available in 4K at the least at this time. I am not aware of any regular programming networks/channels that are in 4K. (ESPN and Baseball etc have games)

I forget which one, Dish or Echostar, either way, they lease the whole satellite, so it doesn't matter how many transponders they use. It is a long term lease for the life of the bird.

Maybe they'll sub-lease the vacated transponders to another service. Or not...

SES has about 20 or 30 4K channels available to providers from their C/Ku Band fleet. Kinda like VOOM was for HD.

According to an article at Broadband TV News, here is what they had as of April

"Programming on the SES Ultra HD line-up features ten 4k Ultra HD channels, including Fashion One 4K, Travelxp 4K, 4KUniverse, NASA TV UHD, Insight TV, UHD1, C4K360, Funbox 4K, Nature Relaxation 4K as well as SES’s UHD demonstration channel. The channels are hosted on three SES satellites at the centre of the orbital arc (SES-1, SES-3, AMC-18), which covers 100% of the cable head-ends in the US."

Reactions: JSheridan
According to an article at Broadband TV News, here is what they had as of April

"Programming on the SES Ultra HD line-up features ten 4k Ultra HD channels, including Fashion One 4K, Travelxp 4K, 4KUniverse, NASA TV UHD, Insight TV, UHD1, C4K360, Funbox 4K, Nature Relaxation 4K as well as SES’s UHD demonstration channel. The channels are hosted on three SES satellites at the centre of the orbital arc (SES-1, SES-3, AMC-18), which covers 100% of the cable head-ends in the US."

I got this from the SES web site:

https://www.ses.com/video/consumer-experience

"In September 2015, we launched Fashion One 4K, the first global Ultra HD channel, and today broadcast over 30 Ultra HD – more than any other satellite operator."

But it does sound a little like the old VOOM doesn't it. :)

Consumer Experience

"In September 2015, we launched Fashion One 4K, the first global Ultra HD channel, and today broadcast over 30 Ultra HD – more than any other satellite operator."

All it is is a bunch of demo stuff shown on a loop over and over, not actual channels like say FX for example in 4K.

Again there is still not even a rumor about any channel offering a 4K version, Dish can't put anything on if no one provides it.

All it is is a bunch of demo stuff shown on a loop over and over, not actual channels like say FX for example in 4K.

Again there is still not even a rumor about any channel offering a 4K version, Dish can't put anything on if no one provides it.

Yea, just like what was said. Again, it's kinda like VOOM was for HD, if you remember VOOM.

Consumer Experience

At this point in the UHD game, I suspect it is just there to offer to a prospective cable operator to pick up, if they wish, so they can say "we have 10 or 20 or 30 channels in 4K" of course, they don't say what is on them, which is basically nothing. Also, I highly doubt many are picking up the whole 20 or 30 or how ever many they have available on their North American constellation.
Like you say, much like when HD was a novelty, same ole same ole over and over.
At least Voom did have some pretty good movie channels. Always liked Monsters HD and didn't they have a Westerns one, I can't recall what the name of it was.

Edit: Just did a google search, the Voom westerns channel was 'Gunslingers HD'

Say it ain't so! No more ViPs? :D
Confirmed! (Well, at least for new subscribers, starting in October?)

Maybe they'll sub-lease the vacated transponders to another service. Or not...
The return of All American Direct in HD, at least for the Eastern states. This time, they will offer multiple cities in HD from the Eastern and Central time zones. This is all part of Dish's plan to completely stop offering local channels. Those who can get them for free OTA will have to watch them that way. Everyone else will qualify for distant networks provided by a third-party. :D

Reactions: NYDutch and Tampa8
Confirmed! (Well, at least for new subscribers, starting in October?)

The return of All American Direct in HD, at least for the Eastern states. This time, they will offer multiple cities in HD from the Eastern and Central time zones. This is all part of Dish's plan to completely stop offering local channels. Those who can get them for free OTA will have to watch them that way. Everyone else will qualify for distant networks provided by a third-party. :D

WAIT! I like that idea. :oldlaugh

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)