Many people using a C-band dish for FTA ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cosmos1

Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
I have a 10' Winguard Penticle Perf using the Ku lnb. I'm using my 4DTV
receiver to move it. I have about 7 older C-Band receivers I'm planning to sell. They'll work fine for positioning for an FTA receiver. I just got my first FTA going about 2 hours ago... btw... Just take a ride out in the country ... find an old dish... go tell people you'll haul it off FREE.... LOL
And try to get the receiver so you can move your dish..... Hopefully the actuator will be ok.... I'll probably be asking questions about how to maximize the use of the big dish as I just got active on FTA a cpl of hours ago..... Looks like a Great site for INfo......

Welcome aboard.

Here's some info on what you can find on C-band.
SatelliteGuys.US - TheList
(bottom of the page)

And yes, lots of the members get C and Ku FTA on BUDs.
Personally, I think it makes more sense to get your Ku on a smaller dish, but it all works! :)

A combination of a VboxII and a voltage polarity switching LNBf totally eliminates the need for the other receiver and makes for very seamless feed searching and tv watching. We use it at home and it sure makes it nice.

I have 2 C-Band dishes in operation. But, in all honesty, one is Primarily dedicated for 4dtv. Although I occassionally will use it for DVB. Someone in my household is practically always watching 4dtv. It does have 2 DVB receivers split from it, so it does get used for DVB at times! And it never gets the ku side used for DVB, even though it is also connected.
The second dish is Primarily used for C-Band DVB, but also has the ku working. I have 4 DVB receivers and all but one have a dedicated ku dish and I have one for it, but I'm in no hurry to change what I have?

Al

Al

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)