Many shows Not Rated (NR) -- Why?

AlabamaMustang

Original poster
Oct 30, 2006
Most of the shows do not have a rating. The just have NR. This includes new network shows in prime time as well as shows like Friends, Roseanne, Sex and the City, Every one loves Raymond and many many more. If the shows are not rated then the parental controls are not going to work. Blocking the entire channel would be a pain to deal with plus I should not have to do that if the ratings where there. I know that DirectTV and Comcast have the same shows and they have ratings on them. Anyone know what the problem may be?? I have tried to get Dish to answer but they just give me the run around.
This was their response: "Thank you for your email. All the ratings we provide come directly from our programmers. We have no control over the ratings. If you are concerned about the ratings, you will need to contact the programmers directly."
With which I ask them: Then how does your competitors have ratings for those shows and you do not. From what you are saying Dish gets the same ratings as everyone, yet they actually have ratings on their shows.
They did not have a reply to this.

I just went out to titanTV and guess what.... They have correct ratings.... I would guess titanTV gets them from the programmers also..

AlabamaMustang makes a good observation.

Welcome to the group!

Yes MTV is one of the channels that I just block entirely but doing that for the main network channels would be aggravating. Got to be a better way.

Yeah, this really needs to be addressed. I've had to block entire channels because of the inaccuracy of the ratings. My wife and I hate this, especially on recorded programs, because they start a minute early, so you have to put in your password at the beginning of the recording, and then again a minute later when the show officially starts. Actually, if they'd just force you to put the password in only once, that would improve things dramatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts