map-down not working after move

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IrishBrewer

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 22, 2008
I changed my service location yesterday and only some of the locals are being mapped down. My new area is in an area where two sets of locals overlap so I get both and one set includes HD. However, as of yet, only one set of SD locals is mapping down and none of the HD.

Does the mapping down typically take some time to complete and if so, why doesn't it all happen at once?

The markets are DC and Harrisburg. Initially, I did get SD mappings for both markets but not HD. Now I only get DC-SD map downs. I tried changing the local channel display options in the receiver's setup menu but this had no effect.

The markets are DC and Harrisburg. Initially, I did get SD mappings for both markets but not HD. Now I only get DC-SD map downs. I tried changing the local channel display options in the receiver's setup menu but this had no effect.
Was your move to somewhere in Franklin County (ie Chambersburg)? If so, you should get mapdowns for both Washington & Harrisburg.

If all the channels appear in the 4-digit ranges (Harrisburg SD 6293-6299, Washington SD 8070-8086, Washington HD 6359-6362),
then try doing a hard reset (unplug, plug in) of your receiver.

Yes, it is a Shippensburg address so I think it is in the same market as Chambersburg. The 4-digit channel ranges are the ones Derwin listed.

I tried a hard reset last night and there was no change.

Yes, it is a Shippensburg address so I think it is in the same market as Chambersburg.
Most of Shippensburg is in Cumberland County, which would only give you Harrisburg locals.
You need to make sure you have something in Franklin County to get both Harrisburg and Washington.

With the post office being in Cumberland County, the whole zip code might be coded for only Harrisburg locals.

Do you have all 3 sets of 4-digit locals that I mentioned earlier? If so, then it's only a mapdown problem, in which case you need to check both the local mapdown and HD mapdown settings.

Yes, I'm getting all the channels in the 4-digit ranges . Here is a listing (local channel number shown first):

HARRISBURG NBC-WGAL 8 6295
HARRISBURG CW-WLYH 15 6297
HARRISBURG CBS-WHP 21 6294
HARRISBURG ABC-WHTM 27 6293
HARRISBURG PBS-WITF 33 6298
HARRISBURG FOX-WPMT 43 6296
HARRISBURG IND-WGCB 49 6299
WASHINGTON, DC NBC-WRC HD * 4 6361
WASHINGTON DC NBC-WRC 4 8072
WASHINGTON, DC FOX-WTTG HD * 5 6362
WASHINGTON DC FOX-WTTG 5 8073
WASHINGTON DC ABC-WJLA HD * 7 6359
WASHINGTON DC ABC-WJLA 7 8070
WASHINGTON DC-CBS WUSA HD * 9 6360
WASHINGTON DC CBS-WUSA 9 8071
WASHINGTON DC TELEF-WFDC 14 8080
WASHINGTON DC MNT-WDCA 20 8075
WASHINGTON DC NBC-WHAG 25 8086
WASHINGTON DC PBS-WETA 26 8076
WASHINGTON DC PBS-WHUT 32 8081
WASHINGTON DC PBS-WVPY 42 8082
WASHINGTON DC CW-WDCW 50 8074
WASHINGTON DC IND-WNVT 53 8084
WASHINGTON DC IND-WNVC 56 8077
WASHINGTON DC IND-WJAL 68 8085

What do I need to change in the mapdown settings? I have a VIP211 receiver. I tried setting it to mapdown both the HD and SD channels but to no avail.

What do I need to change in the mapdown settings? I have a VIP211 receiver. I tried setting it to mapdown both the HD and SD channels but to no avail.
There are 2 different settings if I remember, I'll check them when I get home and post where they are.

note, the Washington HD locals will be mapped to 002-0 as opposed to 002-1. There will be a little HD icon though to let you know if it's the SD or HD one. Both the Washington SD and HD will not map down at the same time.
It might be that the Washington HD ones are mapping down, but the SD ones are not (settings for SD & HD mappings are in different menus).

What is strange is that I'm only getting the Washington SD channels mapping down with my current receiver settings, not the Harrisburg SD or the Washington HD. The setting on my receiver that I thought would control this is set to "Both HD and SD" but I do not remember finding a second setting that you refer to.

I appreciate you looking into this.

Okay, I looked at the mapdown settings, software version L511

6 - System Setup
9 - Local Channels
Chan Display

There are 2 options:
Local Sat Channels & DishHD Channels

Local Sat Channels - select "HD and SD"
DishHD Channels - select "Enable"

That's what I have set, and all 3 of the sets map down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)