Maple Leafs announce Babcock as new coach

Good news for the Maple Leafs who have pretty much sucked the past bunch of years. Not good news for the Red Wings...however, the Wings should be able to hire a decent coach and they still have a lot of things working for them and the organization. Perhaps we'll see a return of Scotty Bowman? I wish!!!

Babcock leaving doesn't surprise me, him going to Toronto or Buffalo DOES.

He clearly went for the MONEY.

Not to go to a team thats ready for a playoff run.

Babcock leaving doesn't surprise me, him going to Toronto or Buffalo DOES.

He clearly went for the MONEY.

Not to go to a team thats ready for a playoff run.

Babcock is taking a risk because the Leafs have been perennial stay at home and watch the playoffs on NBS Sports Network the past 10+ years, and their draft picks have either not been good ones or the players escaped to other teams. Although the Wings continue to make the playoffs, there is no doubt they have been in a rebuilding phase the past few season and they have a hodge-podge of veterans, position players and youthful additions. More concerning the some of the Cup veterans and standouts (e.g., Datsyuk and Zetterberg) and moving into the past-their-prime years. So who do the Wings bring in to replace Babcock?

Babcock is taking a risk because the Leafs have been perennial stay at home and watch the playoffs on NBS Sports Network the past 10+ years, and their draft picks have either not been good ones or the players escaped to other teams. Although the Wings continue to make the playoffs, there is no doubt they have been in a rebuilding phase the past few season and they have a hodge-podge of veterans, position players and youthful additions. More concerning the some of the Cup veterans and standouts (e.g., Datsyuk and Zetterberg) and moving into the past-their-prime years. So who do the Wings bring in to replace Babcock?
Looks like Jeff Blas hill has the inside track to become the next Coach of the Red Wings, he is the coach that has been supplying the Wings with all the young players they have on the roster and more coming, so he's very well familiar with the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)