Marathon Voom (IN) !!! 4/30 Till RAINBOW1 GOES OUT!

Voomster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
SF Bay Area
As for the Voomster , I'm still a paid customer till the last minute they transmit. I sincerely hope that HDNews will have something special to say before the finale of Voom and I want to watch as much of it as I can and will stay up ( I hope ) till the very last for my respect and appreciation . ;)
I'll record HDNews' last broadcast , I'm almost certain it will be something to archive . :yes

Give me Voom or ... Or give me (OTA) Over the Air Digital Channels
Patrick Henry Voomster :rainbow

V O O M - the definition of HD :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

This is so sad. I've not said anything before, never had VOOM or anything else HD yet, so I didn't have much to say about it.

I just hate it anytime I see the best product be the one that gets discontinued. It's Betamax all over again.

Pepper said:
This is so sad. I've not said anything before, never had VOOM or anything else HD yet, so I didn't have much to say about it.

I just hate it anytime I see the best product be the one that gets discontinued. It's Betamax all over again.

Well, you should say Video2000 aka VCC instead Betamax...

T2k, I am surprised you mention V2000. Was this even launched in the US?
It for sure was the best format out there.

Yes, we'll be with VOOM until the last minute!

Voomster said:
As for the Voomster , I'm still a paid customer till the last minute they transmit. I sincerely hope that HDNews will have something special to say before the finale of Voom and I want to watch as much of it as I can and will stay up ( I hope ) till the very last for my respect and appreciation . ;)
I'll record HDNews' last broadcast , I'm almost certain it will be something to archive . :yes

Give me Voom or ... Or give me (OTA) Over the Air Digital Channels
Patrick Henry Voomster :rainbow

V O O M - the definition of HD :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow

Been watching a lot of VOOM trying to absorb as much as possible before it's gone. Not a big TV watcher but have greatly enjoyed VOOM since 12-12-03. We've checked all the services available to us here in Seattle-cable is Comcast-and none of them come close to offering the # of HD channels we have on VOOM and the prices are higher particularly Comcast. Since we get all the major OTA channels and have decided to forgo any other service at this time. We didn't have any cable or sat service before VOOM but really liked HDTV via OTA. VOOM was/is huge for us.

Still "piggin' out" on VOOM under mostly cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

MarcelV said:
T2k, I am surprised you mention V2000. Was this even launched in the US?
It for sure was the best format out there.

You're probably right on that - I immigrated from Europe. :)

And yes, that was far the best home system I ever used. :yes Too bad Grundig just gave up... :no

T2k said:
You're probably right on that - I immigrated from Europe. :)

And yes, that was far the best home system I ever used. :yes Too bad Grundig just gave up... :no

in a way, Grundig had to. Philips decided no longer to go with v2000. And, as you know, it was a co-development effort. Later Philips stated they're biggest mistake was to underestimate the importance of the video rental market (I don't remember if there were even titels available, but if so, only a few).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)