March Madness Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eschu97611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
L.A. CA
Any Advise? When I am viewing the HD channels on the MM package and I push the red special key for the scoreboard feature, picture minimizes in order to make room for wrap around scoreboard(just like Sun. Tix) and picture minimized is cropped and off center. Cannot see game action when I go to scoreboard? Is it a setting on my t.v. or an issue with D*?

Also, why no Game Mix channel in HD. Only an SD version. For 69 dollars would love to watch multiple games at once without downgrading to inferior SD quality. NFL Sun. Tix now has an HD Game Mix channel, why not for the MM package. Seems odd.

Frustrated...

Well, at least your color buttons work. I have no scoreboard feature (nothing happens at all!), and the sound doesn't sync correctly on the mix channel (i.e. I scroll the yellow box to the Temple/Michigan St. game and I get the sound feed for Georgia/Xavier.)

Also, a DirecTV rep promised me that the HD channels would *not* be blacked out for me because our local CBS does not carry an HD feed with DirecTV (WISH-TV out of Indianapolis). Was that true? Nope.

So now if I want to watch a local team (say Indiana for example), I have to watch it on the craptastic SD feed which is like watching a low quality dial-up stream on the internet.

Furthermore, it was said the switching problem would be resolved this year. But so far, they haven't stuck on a single feed yet. I was watching Portland St./Kansas and they switched over to the Georgia/Xavier game. Same thing with the local affiliate in crappy SD. So basically I'll get the same feed from all 3 channels at any given time.

What a waste!!!! :(

Well, at least your color buttons work. I have no scoreboard feature (nothing happens at all!), and the sound doesn't sync correctly on the mix channel (i.e. I scroll the yellow box to the Temple/Michigan St. game and I get the sound feed for Georgia/Xavier.)

Also, a DirecTV rep promised me that the HD channels would *not* be blacked out for me because our local CBS does not carry an HD feed with DirecTV (WISH-TV out of Indianapolis). Was that true? Nope.

So now if I want to watch a local team (say Indiana for example), I have to watch it on the craptastic SD feed which is like watching a low quality dial-up stream on the internet.

Furthermore, it was said the switching problem would be resolved this year. But so far, they haven't stuck on a single feed yet. I was watching Portland St./Kansas and they switched over to the Georgia/Xavier game. Same thing with the local affiliate in crappy SD. So basically I'll get the same feed from all 3 channels at any given time.

I don't know why your buttons don't work. try resetting the ird. The switch over has been minor. I pretty much watched all the Kent state/ UNLV game without cutovers.

oh yeah :welcome

At least your HD games worked. Mine were being blacked out randomly on and off- as well as the HD feed turning into SD for no reason..

I also experienced the program not available in you area 727 for at least 15 minutes both hd and sd, I fell asleep but it does piss you off, especially with the money I spend with Directv.

Everything has been fixed, at least the past 30 minutes or so.

Earlier though, after I first posted... there were 3 times for about 15 minutes a piece where 3 or more HD channels were blacked out. I was then getting 1 SD feed from my local, and 1 HD feed from a game that continuously switched in and out. I lost about 3 total games and their ends because of this problem.

As of now though, looks like they fixed most of the issues. Let's hope!

Everything has been fixed, at least the past 30 minutes or so.

Earlier though, after I first posted... there were 3 times for about 15 minutes a piece where 3 or more HD channels were blacked out. I was then getting 1 SD feed from my local, and 1 HD feed from a game that continuously switched in and out. I lost about 3 total games and their ends because of this problem.

As of now though, looks like they fixed most of the issues. Let's hope!

Still can't use scoreboard button(red) while on an HD channel. Minimized picture off center in HD but not in SD. Huh???

Also, no Gamemix in HD. Maybe launch of D11 will solve both of these problems next year.

69$ well spent??? Me thinks NOT!!!

first time user of the Mega March Madness Package - UCLA is pissing me off so I decided to surf here instead. (had them winning and its close right now with A&M) I had the same problems as others - including the 15 min or so every channel was blacked out (day 1) - that wasn't good. The off center scoreboard thing was annoying but CBS has the scores running all the time anyway so no biggie. The cutovers or whatever you call them - it seems day 1 this was a problem - day 2 I noticed they fixed it and you could even hear some of the announcers talking when they weren't on the air which was pretty cool - some other times they just stayed with the far away camera and you could see the cheerleaders doing flips and stuff. So I think they figured out a way to fix this (which is great).

Next year I hope they go game mix HD - would be excellent. The pop up thing for the color coded buttons is annoying - another button push that isn't necessary (and it blocks CBS scoreboard for a few seconds every channel change) - maybe set the box to remind you once every 3 hours or something. Correct the blackout issue - lift it maybe? don't understand how the nfl ticket lifts it on HD but not NCAA - probably legal issue there, so nothing D* can do. Overall $69 isn't cheap - its a premium price for this package - and I probably wouldn't pay much more for it - overall I had a good experience though - the picture quality was really good in my experience even in some windy and not so favorable conditions in my area. Thought I would throw around my review for those that are on the fence or wanted to know more about it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts