March Madness

WoooHoooooo HATED UConn goes down!!!!!

Just kidding about the "hated" part.:p Not to mention the woohoo (I had them in the Final Four myself!)
But, wtf? George Mason in the Final Four? Is that even allowed?

TheTimm said:
WoooHoooooo HATED UConn goes down!!!!!

Just kidding about the "hated" part.:p Not to mention the woohoo (I had them in the Final Four myself!)
But, wtf? George Mason in the Final Four? Is that even allowed?
Yeah, it's kind of like Schoolcraft College making the Final Four isn't it?:rolleyes: Anyway, folks in this area are quite exciting about the team....although my wife, who is enrolled in one of their graduate programs (Education Councelling) could care less. She's just not a big sports fan.

Anyway, just a few quick facts about Mason for all those who don't already know: they have an enrollment of more than 30,000 students, they are now the largest public university in the state of Virginia and, according to their profile on Wikipedia, "The Patriots' men's basketball team earned national recognition in March 2006 when an improbable string of victories placed them in the Final Four of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Mason_University

Go Patriots!:D

riffjim4069 said:
"The Patriots' men's basketball team earned national recognition in March 2006 when an improbable string of victories placed them in the Final Four of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Mason_University
I have a newfound respect for wikipedia -- pretty impressive how they make that sound like ancient history.:D
And congratulations, George Mason. Now, that being said.... Go UCLA -- make me look like I knew what I was doing!

Okay, I've been playing around with the scenario generator --

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if UCLA beats LSU.... I'm King of The World!!!!!, right?

Of course if UCLA doesn't win, the standings would stay how they are -- with BlackHitachi as champ. Have I said, "Go Bruins!" recently?:p

Hey, it was going to George Mason or Washington or anyone else UConn played in this tournament. They didnt have the hunger and didnt bring it. Playing well the last 2 or 3 minutes or hitting a clutch tieing shot doesnt really count and certainly cant last forever. Hats off to George Mason for bringing it and playing great. I can now relax and watch the pieces fall apart hear in Husky land as various players go on their way and some to the NBA. Lets hope next year the have a better TEAM not necessarily better TALENT.

Here are the rankings through the Elite 8:

Rank Team Points
1 BlackHitachi 70
2 Team DWS44 65
3 TheTimm 62
4 Man amognst Boys 61
5 IZZONE 60
6 Tar Heel Blue 59
7 JeffC3 58
8 mwgiii 50
9 Nuts4scuba 48
10 projectorsrule but not in hoo 43
11 sikma 39

And after the major upsets....the only person left with a team in the final four is TheTimm. I believe that his team left is UCLA...so he still can move up in the standings.

ucla advances, so .....

I Win!!!!

wooohooo wooohooo wooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I'M THE CHAMP!
I WIN I WIN I WIN!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.
That is all. Carry on.
:p ;)

kokomogator said:
Win? Think not.....Gators kicked Ass! GOOOOOOOOOOOOO GATORS- #1
Um....yeaaahh.... I still win the pool fella. I could give a foochie about UCLA or Florida otherwise.
Mayhaps you should check what the thread is about next time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)