Mariano Rivera first Hall of Famer to unanimously be chosen

Nooooooooooo! I'm saying only five tool players, or certain pitchers, should be unanimous inductees. BTW, Rose played from 1963 to 1986. There were plenty of home runs hitters in that time. List of Major League Baseball annual home run leaders - Wikipedia
Yes, there were plenty of HR hitters, but the people that were hitting them were HR Hitters, not like today where everyone hits them.

The fact that Everyone hits them now has diminished the HR a great deal.

Reactions: madmadworld
Yes, there were plenty of HR hitters, but the people that were hitting them were HR Hitters, not like today where everyone hits them.

The fact that Everyone hits them now has diminished the HR a great deal.
The mentality of the game has changed, but players are generally bigger and stronger, and the ball is livelier. Many of today's players are barely four tool players.

Pete Rose's job was to get on base and be hit in by yhe Reds power hitters. He did that well.

Reactions: Jimbo
Juan if you had read my posts you would know I twice mentioned that there were other reasons why Pete was not in the hall at all but I did comment on the statement made by others that he did not have power. His job was to get on base and be hit in by others.

BTW while Pete admits he bet on games in which he appeared or managed he insists he never bet against his team and I am unaware of any proof he did. Having said that he broke the rues and is paying for it now.

Reactions: Jimbo
Ken Griffey Jr was a 5 tool player. Should he have been unanimous?

i hope this doesn't open door to like every other year we a Unanimously player , Ken Griffey Jr Should he have been unanimous, but he wasn't because all the writers liked Mo he got it, next year Derek Jeter go in, i hope people don't think that he will go in unanimous

i hope this doesn't open door to like every other year we a Unanimously player , Ken Griffey Jr Should he have been unanimous, but he wasn't because all the writers liked Mo he got it, next year Derek Jeter go in, i hope people don't think that he will go in unanimous
Jeter did most things very good, but no, not good enough to be unanimous. His range was a little better than average and he didn't hit for much power considering his size.

I'm kind of sad that the tradition of a few writers holding back so that no player is "100%" was ended. Nothing against Rivera, but even a casual fan can list 50 or 100 players who should have been likewise.
Agree, have there been 50 players greater than him ? at least 25 pitchers alone, those guys didn't need a closer.
also the only reason one is a closer is not being able to be a starting pitcher.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts