MLB 2018 Season

Wish Dbacks would of kept JD, instead of seeing him go to Boston. Dbacks pitching rotation and BP are solid so even with middle of lineup 4&5 hitters missing but soon to join the team along with Goldy heating up, should be good year.
I actually understood letting JD go and not breaking the bank, but the head scratcher was signing catcher (SloMO) Avila and letting solid defensive catcher and dangerous hitter like Chris Iannetta go.

Good to see you Bill !

I've been watching the Red Sox and the Astros ....
Both are off to a very hot start ... but neither will be able to match the 35-5 record from 1984 ....
The Sox have fallen back to Earth just a tad, but I’ll take a 21-7 April any day. They hit their 6th grand slam in April last night, after not hitting even one in all of 2017.

Reactions: Jimbo
More "Must See TV " tonight with the Astros and Yankees ...
Thru 8 innings, Justin Verlander has given up 0 runs, 3 hits (1 a bunt to the shift) and a Career high 14 K's ... 105 pitches.

Don't know if he comes out for the 9th ...

Btw, its a 0-0 game.

JV has faces the Yankees 3 times as an Astro ...
Hes given up 1 run .... in 3 games.

Poor guy just can't get any run support ... same goes for him in Detroit.

Looks like JV is done for the night.

Mookie Betts became the first player in Red Sox history to hit 3 HR’s in a game 4 different times. He also became the youngest player in MLB history to accomplish the feat.

Reds have won 6 in row. Unbelievable. My 4 yr old says they are going to win the World Series now. LOL!

So, the question will seem to be as it comes to post-season awards is, considering what he has accomplished this year and with less than 10 wins, should Jacob deGrom win the Cy Young Award?

IMO, that award is simply based on the best pitcher in each league and his numbers are the best in the NL He has very little control over how many runs his team scores. He has had 26 straight starts of allowing less than 3 runs, an ERA of 1.71 with a WHIP of .954 this season. Yes Max Scherzer has won more games and has more strikeouts but IMO, if a pitcher gives up ;less than 2 runs a game, he has done his job. Barring a collapse, I would give the Cy Young to deGrom for 2018.

So, the question will seem to be as it comes to post-season awards is, considering what he has accomplished this year and with less than 10 wins, should Jacob deGrom win the Cy Young Award?

IMO, that award is simply based on the best pitcher in each league and his numbers are the best in the NL He has very little control over how many runs his team scores. He has had 26 straight starts of allowing less than 3 runs, an ERA of 1.71 with a WHIP of .954 this season. Yes Max Scherzer has won more games and has more strikeouts but IMO, if a pitcher gives up ;less than 2 runs a game, he has done his job. Barring a collapse, I would give the Cy Young to deGrom for 2018.
Didn't King Felix win the Cy with 11 wins awhile back ?

I would give the NL young t DeGrom as well. Even if he has two bad outings to finish the year he has had a great season on a mediocre team.

I never thought the Atlanta Braves would win the division this year and even though it is disappointing they are out of the playoffs, it has been a fun season.

Ronald Acuna and Ozzie Albies were so much fun to watch and their enthusiasm spread to the entire team. I doubt if we will ever see another run as the Braves had from 1991-2005 but I feel confident to say this team will be very good for many years to come.

The Boston Red Sox are 3 outs from winning the World Series over the LA Dodgers.

And they get to bring in a guy like Chris SALE to pitch the 9th inning !

David Price pitched into the 8th inning.

It's all over, Sale came in and struck out the side !!!!

Reactions: IcEWoLF