Marine - Latin Directv Venezuela to Colombia

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwinzey

Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Bogota
Dear members:

I am in the Marine area, and actually have a Satellite TV antenna Intellian i3 (http://intelliantech.com/product/Pro...series.aspneed) with a GPS tracking system that works great for Direct TV in all of Venezuela. I need your advise in understanding, since I am moving to Cartagena, Colombia, if the same antenna will work. I am planning in contracting locally with Direct TV Colombia their receiver.

I have researched in Dish Pointer and it seems the distance in Cartagena (Distance: 36334km) is even closer than Venezuela (Distance: 36906km) for the 3C Satellite.

The area of use in Venezuela was Latitude: 10.1997° Longitude: -64.6367°, and in Colombia will be Latitude: 9.7199° Longitude: -75.8386°

Thanks

I couldn´t see your link (indicates error 404 in I guess japanese charachters)

Below is a link for a Directv dish used in Colombia

ANTENA DIRECTV NUEVA COMPLETA - $ 10000.00 en MercadoLibre

It doesn´t indicate the size but it seems to be no larger than a 36 incher (90 cmts)

I would think there is not much diferrence on the satellite´s (I understand Galaxy 3C @ 95w)footprint between Colombia and Venezuela which are next to each other.

I checked on dishponter.com to see what dish size is recommended for the locations you indicate but I haven´t found that feature very reliable and rather often missleading, unfortunately it does not provide data for Venezuela (or I did something wrong) and it indicated 1.20 for Colombia.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)