Mark Cuban answers his e-mail personally?

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
I sent one to him, that said "Strike a deal with VOOM!!!"

and he sent one back "Probably not going to happen ---mcuban"

I have read that he does answer his own e-mail. But if you ask him about HDNET being on VOOM, thats the response you will get...."Probably not going to happen".

I sent him 2 emails back when Dish was screwing around with compression on HDNET and though he didn't answer me, the problem got cleared up ASAP. I've heard that he doesn't like anyone messing up the PQ of HDNET. That may be partly why Voom is not getting it, they can't send out a high enough quality of a picture to qualify for them.

I wonder if Voom's quality will improve enough after the WM9 transition to support it.

DarrellP said:
I sent him 2 emails back when Dish was screwing around with compression on HDNET and though he didn't answer me, the problem got cleared up ASAP. I've heard that he doesn't like anyone messing up the PQ of HDNET. That may be partly why Voom is not getting it, they can't send out a high enough quality of a picture to qualify for them.
I agree. Vooms PQ must be one of the problems for marc Cuban.

vurbano said:
I agree. Vooms PQ must be one of the problems for marc Cuban.

That's not it. $$$ is. He does not see VOOM as a money making per subscriber. He sees Cablevision as money making entity per subscriber. He wants to be on Cablevision but I guess (I do not know) his asking price is very high. Since Cablevision already carries INHD (a like channel to HDnet & HDnet movies) why would Cablevision want to pay Mark's asking price. Of course, we VOOMERs are caught in the middle with nowhere to go. Now don't ask me why INHD is not on VOOM since Cablevision already has a contract with them. I will tell you what I was told (despite what a lot here believe) - ON CABLE ONLY - for now....

I'm sure it's all about the number. If V* had 12M customers like D*, Cuban would come knocking with hat in had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts