Espn-HD: MLB Baseball : 2004 Home Run Derby 8pm EST

So during the pregame do we get to see the guys use their steroids? Can't we get a camera angle for that?

2004 Home Run Derby

The Majors' biggest bats will be out and swinging at Minute Maid Park tonight at 8 p.m. ET

Barry Bonds, Giants
Rafael Palmeiro, Orioles
Sammy Sosa, Cubs
Miguel Tejada, Orioles
Jim Thome, Phillies
David Ortiz, Red Sox
Lance Berkman, Astros
Hank Blalock, Rangers

Mr. C
P.S> ILL miss seeing Giambi, Must still be out "sick"?

Why in a home run derby do we have to have entertainers performing and now the SD highlights. Damn ESPN couldn't you get some damn HD highlights even of your own! I understand the olde ones but there are some current ones. The HD looks very questionable. There are a mix of SD & HD cameras.

SD camera from top. The cameras showing the fans have been all SD. Either the lighting is bad in this stadium or something is wrong with those HD cameras but it does not look good at all.

Sean Mota said:
SD camera from top. The cameras showing the fans have been all SD. Either the lighting is bad in this stadium or something is wrong with those HD cameras but it does not look good at all.
IM glad im not the only one that thinks the PQ stinks for this. This is bad even for ESPNHD. Fortunately I love the HR derby.

Tejada needs to take it easy. He is cursing in Spanish and does not understand that he has a microphone near him. Morgan translated it very politely what he said.

eschu97611 said:
Huh???-PQ looks good ova here!!!-Keep it up ESPN!!

It has gotten better. In the beginning the combination of those SD cameras plus the smoke in the air was not helping. Plus Berman had a bunch of lights in the background that were making the picture real bad. I still agree with Vurbano. My local WB can do HD baseball better than ESPN. But it is ok for an ESPN game.