Mark Cuban Insider trading

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Just heard on MSNBC that Mark Cuban is accused of inside trading.

The suite is based on hearsay. Mama.com says that they gave him insider info and he bailed on them. It's going to be hard to prove that they gave him insider info based on hearsay, unless they recorded the conversation or had it written down, I don't see this going anywhere. How do we not know that they are pissed because he sold and they are trying to conjor up some story to cost him money because he baild on them as an investor. Espn has the lawsuite on their site and it says that cuban held a 6 percent stake at the time when he sold.

The suite is based on hearsay. Mama.com says that they gave him insider info and he bailed on them. It's going to be hard to prove that they gave him insider info based on hearsay, unless they recorded the conversation or had it written down, I don't see this going anywhere. How do we not know that they are pissed because he sold and they are trying to conjor up some story to cost him money because he baild on them as an investor. Espn has the lawsuite on their site and it says that cuban held a 6 percent stake at the time when he sold.

This isn't hearsay. Hearsay (in its simplest form) would occur if goaliebob went to court and testified that mamma.com's CEO told him that the company gave Cuban inside info. If mamma.com's CEO goes to court and testifies that he gave insider info to Cuban it is not hearsay....its just testimony that would be weighed by the jury.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess Cuban either settles out of court or is found liable at trial and forced to pay some sort of damages. The feds *usually* don't bring cases with weak facts.

This isn't hearsay. Hearsay (in its simplest form) would occur if goaliebob went to court and testified that mamma.com's CEO told him that the company gave Cuban inside info. If mamma.com's CEO goes to court and testifies that he gave insider info to Cuban it is not hearsay....its just testimony that would be weighed by the jury.

If I were a betting man, I'd guess Cuban either settles out of court or is found liable at trial and forced to pay some sort of damages. The feds *usually* don't bring cases with weak facts.

Bingo. The Feds have to have dirt for this to be brought up.

Cuban issue a statement from his lawyers:

The SEC « blog maverick

From the blog:
Mr. Cuban stated, “I am disappointed that the Commission chose to bring this case based upon its Enforcement staff’s win-at-any-cost ambitions. The staff’s process was result-oriented, facts be damned. The government’s claims are false and they will be proven to be so.”

The answer to this comes, oddly enough, from Randy Moss. A couple of years ago, Moss was fined $25K for something or another, and he was asked about it and said something like "Straight cash, homey, what is 25 grand to me? To me?"

The feds want to fine a man that has over a billion dollars 750K. Write them a check. Straight cash.

The answer to this comes, oddly enough, from Randy Moss. A couple of years ago, Moss was fined $25K for something or another, and he was asked about it and said something like "Straight cash, homey, what is 25 grand to me? To me?"

The feds want to fine a man that has over a billion dollars 750K. Write them a check. Straight cash.

hahaha :)

Everybody in HERE knows NOTHING about what the FEDS have or don't have. Let's wait till it gets through the court system before everyone brands him the NEW Martha Stewart...:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts