2013 MLB Trade deadline and rumors thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
We have about two weeks to go before the deadline. Who are the sellers and who are the buyers? We'll start finding out tomorrow.

IMO, the Red Sox needs by priority:

1. A righthanded power bat that can preferably play 3B or 1B (corner OF would be a last resort).

2. Bullpen help. Really need a closer, but a reliable late innings guy is probably more realistic.

3. Starter. IF Clay Buchholz is going to be okay, this probably isn't a need.

If the Phillies fall further back in the next 10 days-2 weeks, I see them as the Sox most likely dance partner. Michael Young, Jonathan Papelbon and Cliff Lee could all be available.

Last edited:
I see Young, Papelbon and Lee as being out of the Red Sox budget because other teams can make better use of them. The Yankees could wind up with Young if they are concerned that A-roid will be gone for the remainder of the season

I see Young, Papelbon and Lee as being out of the Red Sox budget because other teams can make better use of them. The Yankees could wind up with Young if they are concerned that A-roid will be gone for the remainder of the season

Not going by need necessarily, but out of those three individual players I would prefer Lee. He could have a Doyle Alexander/CC Sabathia type impact on a pennant race. Michael Young has a good bat and could lend versatility to the infield. Thanks for the memories, but I want NO part of Papelbon!

Not going by need necessarily, but out of those three individual players I would prefer Lee. He could have a Doyle Alexander/CC Sabathia type impact on a pennant race. Michael Young has a good bat and could lend versatility to the infield. Thanks for the memories, but I want NO part of Papelbon!

What about Matt Garza?? I would like to see the Sox make a play for him, especially if they could end up signing him long-term....

What about Matt Garza?? I would like to see the Sox make a play for him, especially if they could end up signing him long-term....

I would love either Garza or James "Big Game" Shields (don't know if the Royals are sellers at this point).

IMO, the Red Sox needs by priority:

1. A righthanded power bat that can preferably play 3B or 1B (corner OF would be a last resort).

2. Bullpen help. Really need a closer, but a reliable late innings guy is probably more realistic.

3. Starter. IF Clay Buchholz is going to be okay, this probably isn't a need.

If the Phillies fall further back in the next 10 days-2 weeks, I see them as the Sox most likely dance partner. Michael Young, Jonathan Papelbon and Cliff Lee could all be available.

Yep...those were the three I had in mind.

I don't see the Reds doing much. If they can get all their disabled players back then they are much much improved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts